Home

PLAY SONG ABOVE

I woke up with a massive headache, no surprise there. It's expected when you're drugged and trip over. But what I didn't expect was being tied down to a bed. I didn't know where I was. The room was dark, but that didn't bother me. What bothered me was again that I was tied down. The room smelled of bleach or disinfectant. God, were they cleaning up a body? The smell was so strong that it made my eyes water.

"You're up?" a voice asked.

"No shit Sherlock," I shifted on the bed trying to get free. The bands were tight and I could feel them biting into my skin.

"Stop fighting. They're stronger than steel. I've used these bands on some of the strongest Alphas and they have yet to get free of them."

"Fuck your bands!" I shouted. My voice took on a life of its own. I was tired of getting kidnapped and being knocked out. I've had enough. "Where am I and who are you!"

"Well, you got some mouth on ya," he replied. "I'm Albert, a friend of your father's. And right now you're leaving Wyoming, heading towards Colorado. He said that's where you live."

"What?" I snapped my head in the direction of his voice. "We're back in the United States? How? How long have I been out?"

"About 13 hours. You were out of it when your father told me to tie you down so you won't cause trouble."

"Stop saying that, he's not my father. He's a monster, a coward. There's no way in hell I can call him something as sacred as father," I shook my head. "He's nothing to me. I lost my real father years ago."

"Hey, that is none of my business," he said. "I just do what I'm told. Just relax. You'll be home in no time."

For the next hour the room, or wherever I was at was silent. I could hear slight snoring sounds coming from him. He snored obnoxiously loud. I couldn't even drift back to sleep because the sound was so distracting.

"Hey!" I shouted to wake him up. He mumbled something incoherent. "Can you at least turn on the lights so I can see where I am?"

He didn't say anything, but after a minute or two the lights turned on. Albert was a lot younger than I thought he was, he couldn't be no older than thirty-five. His cold blue eyes pierced my own brown ones. He was handsome. He didn't look like he would be one to hang out with my dad. He looked like he would be on the cover of a magazine with scruffy black hair, a sight stubble and eyes you can't get enough of.

"Albert?" I asked. He nodded before pinching the bridge of his nose. I guess I was cutting his nap time short. "Can you take these off, I'm not endangering anyone..." he quirked an eyebrow, "or myself. Please take them off."

He took a few hesitant steps forward before pulling out a pocket knife from his back pocket. The blade swiftly released. It didn't take long for him to cut the bands off. "Don't try anything."

"Never," I replied sarcastically. "Why did you tie me down anyways?"

"Your father said something about a guy named Nick and you being upset that he's dead."

"What?" a sharp pain erupted through my chest. "What are you talking about? Where is Nick? He's not dead. Is that what he told you?"

Albert shrugged, "yeah. He said you would be upset if you found out. He wanted you to come home."

"No," my voice sounded harsh, "that's not right. Nick is still alive. He never even searched for him. Why are you saying that?"

"Look," Albert sighed and took a seat in the bed across from me. "He told me to give you this." Albert passes me something wrapped in a bloodied napkin. I unfolded it and inside were two canine teeth.

I sat up, "What is this?" I asked, fearing the answer.

"What I'm told," Albert hesitated rubbing the stubble on his face, "It's what's left of Nick. Your father brought it to prove to you that Nick is dead."

"No," I shook my head and threw the teeth at Albert. He didn't look shock in the slightest. He brushed one of the tooth off and stared at me. "Liar."

He blinked then turned.

"I want to get off of whatever this shit is. Let me go!"

"I'm sorry, I can't do that," he replied with his head still turned away from me. I suspect it was guilt. "You'll be home with your aunt in no time. You'll be happier."

"What are you talking about? I was happy with Nick. He tried to break up apart. How am I supposed to get him back now? I've never love anyone like I love him. Do you understand?"

Albert turned to me. His gaze latched onto my own. There were no words exchanged, it was like he had my undivided attention.

"I need to go back. He is the only reason I am still here. Nick was the only one there for me when my own father abandoned me. How will I move on without him?" I pleaded with Albert. He just turned away from me again and started fumbling with his knife.

"Everyone eventually moves on. It'll take some time."

"No it won't. I imprinted on him. It's going to kill me. I need him!"

Albert stiffened. He knew as well I knew that not many survive after imprinting and being apart for long after imprinting. I was fucked up, but I had imprinted and I don't regret it. I needed him, I admitted it. I didn't care anymore, all I wanted was him.

"I know."

I stopped the tears about to pour from my face. He knew.

"You just have to be stronger. Not everyone gets what they want. It's life. Maybe it's time you grew up. I see that this Nick has done a number on you, but eventually you find out for yourself that there is no such thing as destiny. You two weren't destined for each other." He said coldly. "You're young, you'll get over it."

"What?" the tears involuntarily flowed. I couldn't stop them. "How can you say that, haven't you ever been in love?"

"There is no such thing as love," he said before getting up and walking through the opening in front of me. From the looks of it I was in some kind of RV, with double bunked beds.

I got off the bed and followed behind Albert, who was sitting up front with another guy I didn't know. "I don't know who hurt you, but I still have hope. I won't let you take that away from me."

"Please sit down," Albert said. "You'll be home in literally less than twenty minutes."

I crossed my arms and scowled at him. I'm not sure if it was my adjusting to all the white, but my gazed was pulled toward the window. All I saw was snow. I knew I was back them and it sadden and pleased me because Nick was not here.

I took a seat on the couch in the center of the vehicle, just talking in the site. I really was home. Maybe it was the months being away from here but something was making me cry again. I think I missed this place.

I cupped my face in my hands, and just cried until the vehicle stopped and even then some. I was tired, sad, lonely, ecstatic and grateful all at one. It was clear my emotions were getting the better of me.

After they open the RV door, it didn't take long for Aunt Mae to rush through and find me. She looked so sad and yet happy. Looking at her made me form fresh tears. I missed her.

"Wren," she said and that was all it took for me to go running in her arms. She was my family. She was my mother, my father, and my friend. I've known her longer than my biological parents. "I missed you so much," I cried in her shoulder.

"Me to," she said as she tightened her hold on me. "It's okay, everything's going to be okay."