Chapter 04- dark secrets

Start from the beginning

Haani seemed to zone out on entire of his warning as soon as he heard him mention the word 'whore'. At that, he lost his composure completely and took a swing at him. With full force he punched him square in the jaw, sending him straight to the ground. Behlul coughed with the sudden impact and spat out blood. Haani's tiredness at gym workout did pay off today, he mused.

As if a man on fire, Behlul got up and made a dash at Haani. With swift reflexes he kicked him hard in the stomach, sending him back to the ground again. Behlul laid there with entire of his physical strength in scams. For a fragile woman like Sanari, he sure was a strong beast. But for a well-maintained man like Haani, he stood no grounds.

"You do not call women whores and you do not hurt them either." Haani angrily roared at him. The incident had stringed old feelings within him. Memories he thought he had buried out.

His driver came in rushing. "Take care of him." He ordered him. Taking a step towards Annum, he lifted her up and made her stand on her feet. "I'm fine." She crooked in a weak voice. "Where's your sister? " He asked her with a voice filled with emotion. With that question, terror widened her eyes like a hostage. She got out of his grasp and ran towards the other side of the house. He ran after her.

She laid there unconscious on the ground of their tiny dining room. Annum tried shaking her back to conscience but she wouldn't even budge. "We need to take her to the hospital." Annum cried out at him.

He took in her view. A reddish bruise covered entire of her right cheek and a huge cut embellished her jaw. The rest of her body was covered from his gaze to see the damage. She was in clothes from the morning he had seen her in but now with patches teared up here and there. Which was very obvious for the protest she had tried to put against that beast. He could only imagine her fragile self fighting back.

For a moment his world seemed to stop. For ages, he hadn't felt emotions but right then he felt being the most helpless man ever on the face of the earth. He had beaten her mercilessly. Like a brute taming an animal.

Bending down, Haani carefully cradled her damaged body in his arms. His heart skipped a beat at the contact. Her warmth and fragrance engulfed him in a trance. Picking her up he started walking towards his car with Annum trailing in behind. He could hear the cops' sirens in a distance.

Opening the door to his car, he laid her over the back seat. "Get in." He ordered Annum. Taking the car keys from the driver and giving him instructions, he started off the engine. He wanted to make sure Behlul didn't see the morning sun, once he made sure Sanari was okay.

~~~~~~

The illumination stung her sight. But slowly and painfully she opened her eyes to the bright morning sun, or so she thought. Trying to move her herself, pain shot within her body. She laid there for a second taking in a deep breath. But finally succeeded her attempt in opening up to the world once again.

Looking around she noticed the huge room. Slowly and gradually taking in her surrounding. Crimson walls with matching curtains. Furniture that not only looked but also smelt expensive. Well organised but lacked a feminine touch. This wasn't her room.

A figure caught her attention. Haani was dozing off in a rest chair beside her bed. From the dark circles decorating his eyes and light stubble indicated he had been here the whole night. The clock at her bedside said three past noon. Confusedly she stared into his sleeping face.

Incidents from last night came flashing back. Each and every moment being played on its own. She remembered dialling Haani's number and calling him just in time for Behlul barging in. He snatched her phone and threw it across the room, it sputtered into a million pieces. That was the kind of strength he possessed. He hit her hard on her face, sending her to the ground. Kicked her till she lost count and plunged into a deep slumber. On recalling all that, she tried to get up with a jolt. But hissed with the stinging pain that shot within her entire body.