Chapter 04- dark secrets

Life is a mystery that takes an eternity to unfold its every petal. At times people tire before they even find it out.

Haani had a stressful day. His board meeting went for what felt like decades, exhausting him to the brims. It tired him both physically and mentally.

Getting seated in the comfortable back seat of his car, he loosened up his tie. Taking a sigh of relief, he sank back into the seat.

The entire day his mind didn't cease thinking of her. He badly wanted to know what decisions she would take. He was desperately waiting for her to call. It was only a few hours before midnight. Somewhere he knew she wasn't easy. But he also knew she couldn't think otherwise in the kind of situation she was entrapped in. With a sneaky smile, he felt at triumph.

Lost in the voids of his own demon thoughts, the sudden ringing of his phone intact him back to reality. His screen flashed with an unknown number. He knew it was hers, his sixth sense told him so. A huge smile spread across his face that genuinely reached up to his eyes. He didn't exactly know why she was affecting him so much or why was he feeling such sudden bliss. It was just a winning antic for him after all. He slides in the lock to pick up the call.

"Haani Fateen speaking." He addressed with a sly smile in his voice. But soon the voice on the other side of the phone made him frown. "Hello? hell-" her terrified voice came in but soon was cut out with a pause.

"Sanari? Are you okay?" his voice worriedly boomed into his phone.

"He'll-" before she could say anything, he heard a loud crashing sound and the call cut. He stared down at his phone in a confounding stare. Joining his brows together confused, he asked his driver to take a turn towards Abdul's house. Something very wrong was going on, his gut feeling warned him.

His stomach lurched with panic with the thought of something bad happening to her. He didn't realise he was deadly worried about her when a moment ago he thought of her nothing more than a winning chess piece.

The car came to a halt in front of Abdul's house. Getting out of the car he almost ran towards the house with his stomach setting into the pits of panic. Ignoring his driver yelling at him to stop and call in the cops, he walked faster. On reaching the front entrance door, he saw it broken to the ground. With pieces of shattered glass all over the place.

Men are beings with conserved emotions. Nothing ever can break off their casts. But once nature threatens something they care about, their inner demons unleash. And it never ends well.

"Sanari!" He yelled out her name at the top of his lungs. Adrenaline injected into his body like fire. The sudden interjection of panic and fear made him nauseated. His heart sank for a minute with the thought of losing her. He yelled out her name again without any response. He walked further into the house.

Faint voices perked his senses. "You're coming with me-" He heard a male's demanding voice and a women's faint screaming in protest. He made a dash at it and entered the living area. The sight before him shackled him. A man dragging a woman forcefully. From the stance of the man, he felt an air of familiarity.

Haani's eyes widened with realisation. It was the same man he saw with Sanari at Abdul's funeral. Even in her tragic form, he could point out her resemblance to Sanari. The girl got to be her sister, he thought to himself.

"What you think you're doing? " He called out at him in a dangerous voice. On hearing him, Behlul's gaze lifted up to Haani. Behlul was strong and firm but not a competition compared to Haani. "And who the hell you think you are?" he growled back at him, letting go of Annum.

"Oh, I know exactly who you are. You're one of her flings, aren't you? I always knew she was a whore and I'd punish her for it...
Do not step into my matters or I will kill you." he warned him with a dangerous pitch. Annum stared between both men in terror.