Claire

Claire

I search the hallways frantically for her, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I search anyways. The bathroom? Maybe. Yes, because usually in the movies you hide in bathrooms to get through the embarrassment. You're thinking about movies at a time like this? Ellie would say and roll her eyes. Why yes, I am. Because finding you is like finding a needle in a haystack. I really just used that reference. Sorry, Ellie. But at a time like this, you can't hear me and you probably don't even care. And there she is- in the bathroom. Really? I know how much you hate the clichés but she follows them without thinking. Typical. "Ellie." I call her, even though she's right in front of me. "Claire, stop." Ellie is a mess, I can see the tears streaming down her creamy, lightly tanned face. She let her dirty blonde hair fall down from her usual bun, and never have I seen her to be so alluring and hopeless at the same time.  I wrap my arms around her, she told me no, but she didn't resist, and she just kept sobbing. I know I shouldn't, but I do anyways. I know it's dangerous, but I don't care. That's what she does. She makes me care so much and not at all. And everything just makes sense.

"The whole school." She says, and I already know what she means. I nod. "Mhm." She doesn't say anything more, because if she does, she knows it's affirmed that her life has officially ended she would say. I take her to Jade, because I know Ellie, if there's anyone she definitely wouldn't want to see right now, it's Jade. But it's also someone who she needs to see. I already know how stupidly stubborn Ellie gets with this. I take Ellie to the parking lot and text Jade from when I had to work on a group project with her. Who knew stupid thing like that came in handy? Thanks science.

Jade walked out, looking confused and...hurt? Definitely hurt. She was more surprised to see me with her, possibly because of the video, maybe she knew. Did Ellie tell her? "Thanks." Jade told me, I could feel Ellie cling a little tighter to me, scared. "No." She whispered, I refused to listen. I took her hand gently off of me and started to leave, it hurt so much to let her go, but I had to.

But who the hell is this Lilly chick? I know girls like her, they're satan's way of screwing with you, not to mention the quarterbacks loving the idea of being different. I think I watch too much movies. I laugh internally. Because they are exactly 99% true most of the time. You better watch your back, Jade. Pretty Lilly might steal him away.