How on earth can be pick that thing up? I thought.

    Fury gave a nod at the table and said in a commanding tone, "Sit." Everyone obeyed if they weren't already at the table and made themselves comfy. I stayed standing. Stark leaned back in his chair and propped his legs on the table, earning him an eye roll from Fury.

    "These," Fury started. "are the Avengers, the most elite group of superheroes on the planet. Thor."

    The man wearing the strange armor nodded.

    "Agent Natasha Romanoff, the Black Widow."

    The woman didn't say anything but continued to examine me in a way that told me she was trained and shouldn't be messed with.

    "Dr. Banner, otherwise known as the Hulk."

    The man wearing the button up shirt gave a small grunt of acknowledgement.

    "And of course you've met Ironman, Tony Stark. Captain America, Steve Rogers. And Hawkeye, Agent Barton."

    Tony Stark shot me a cocky grin, Steve Rogers gave a small smile, and Hawkeye stayed silent.

    "Now, down to business." Fury's gaze drifted to me. "I'm sure you were already told of our situation."

    I smoothly sat down in the chair closest to me at the table.

    "I'm aware that New York has been invaded by demons, and I'm the only one who knows how to get rid of them."

    "Demons?" Fury shot at me.

    "Not the type you're thinking about. They don't come from the inner depths of Hell or another dimension or anything. Much different. Before I decide if I should tell you or not, what do you need me for once you know how to kill them?"

    He stalked to the other side of the table, faced me, and leaned in.

    "There is no 'if you decide to tell us'. You will inform us of all that you know and your sources, is that clear?" His gaze burned into me as his anger rose.

    "I will tell you the minimum of what you need to know, nothing more. If I remember correctly, I am the only person who can save your city. When I say the only person, I mean the only person. Do you understand me?"

    "Why are you so sure that you're the only person that will help us? There has to be others out there somewhere, the sources you got your information from."

    I barked out a laugh, my voice sounding cold and distant.

    "Everyone who knows how to stop this is either dead, or the ones behind it."

    "If you aren't willing to disclose all you know, I may be forced to use other....methods. Are you familiar with the term torture?" Fury spat. He's trying to intimidate me, I thought. I saw Steve Rogers' face become icy as he glared at Fury.

    "Fury, there won't be a need for that." Steve said.

    "You're right," I said, acknowledging the heated comment made by Captain America. "Because no matter what you try, you won't get a word out of me with torture. Trust me, I have practice." I hissed.

    Fury let out an infuriated growl and strode around the room before quickly pivoting on the spot and turning towards me again.

    "Fine." He said through gritted teeth. "Tell me all you can, or will."

    "Not until you answer the second part of my question. After I give you information, what are you going to do with me?"

    Fury stood there, in thought.