Chapter Three

We arrived at the campgrounds, and since it was only three in the afternoon, we went and explored. According to the map, there was a beach nearby as well as some old demolished buildings right outside the forest in a clearing. It was Taehyung's idea to explore the clearing first, as he took off as soon as he heard about it. We chased after him, all shouting and yelling, scaring away probably all of the wildlife in the proximity. I was last, since I had quickly fumbled around in my bag to take out a camcorder. I stopped for a moment to film the scenery. The sunlight streamed through the trees in an ethereal nature, and a few butterflies had found their way into my frame. I exhaled and filmed them for a few seconds before sprinting to catch up, filming the entire shaky journey.

When I had caught up, Taehyung was lying down on some random mattress in the middle of the clearing and all the guys were messing around with him. Where I was standing dropped off as a wall, and there was a two foot drop from the ground I was standing on to the clearing. There was a white gash in the ground, probably an old pool, and the boys had migrated towards it to goof off in. I filmed the scene, the boys playing around excitedly, and they finally noticed that I was filming them.

"Hyung!" Taehyung barreled towards me and hugged me. The lens of the camera went into the fabric of his shirt as I was engulfed in his embrace. "Why are you filming all of this?"

I smiled softly, lifting the camera and pointing it towards his grinning face.

"Because," I replied, looking at him through the viewfinder, "I want to remember this moment forever."

"Do you have your camera with you?" he asked. I nodded and searched my bag for it, the pink plastic reflecting in the bright sunlight. I snapped a picture of Taehyung quickly, his back against the sun so his silhouette was illuminated perfectly so that he looked like an angel, and he took the picture and stared at it, his brow furrowing.

"I'm keeping this one!" he announced, dashing back to the rest of the boys. "I look handsome!"

I continued to film, pocketing the Polaroid, and found Hoseok sleeping against a wall covered in graffiti. I chuckled quietly and pointed the Polaroid camera at him. Yoongi and Jungkook quickly dashed into the frame, Yoongi tumbling into Hoseok.

"Wake up, Hobi!" he laughed, flashing his pearly whites for the camera. Jungkook scrunched up his face in a cute smile, and Hoseok quickly recovered his senses and beamed for the camera. The three boys snatched the camera from me and proceeded to take selcas, and I wandered with my camcorder.

I found Taehyung standing on top of what seemed to used to be a life guard stand, staring into the alabaster white pit of an empty pool. His gaze seemed empty and afraid, as if he was-

Snap.

I inhaled rapidly and squeezed my eyes shut, trying to block out the imminent pain that pressed against my temples.

No, I thought, frantically trying to blank out. Go away.

The pain subsided, though a slight throbbing remained, as if it was reminding me that I couldn't escape it, no matter how hard I tried to suppress it.