23 The mom

It has been a week since Dani where in the accident. She looks a little better even though her ribs and arm is still broken. The wounds on her face is still bad. She have been resting a lot, she is lying in my bed right now sleeping. Mom and dad wanted us to stay until she can move properly. Dexter left for school and Damon and dad is at work. Mom and I went for shopping groceries; we went back into the car, start driving home.

"Why didn't you tell us?" she ask looking at me while driving.

"Tell you what?"

"About what's been going on with you and Dani, I remember that you told her that you have loved her for five years, why did you not say anything?" she ask hurt.

"I fell in love with her in college, and we were together for some months and then she left for a better school. Then five years later, she walks in the door, literally. When I saw her I lost my heart again, for the same person, I have not loved anyone, but her. I have met a lot of people, but she is the only one that my heart wants," I say and feel the tears about to come out of my eyes. "The day she left me, I couldn't sleep in months, eating was hard. Even smiling was difficult. I hated her of leaving me, but I did not even do anything to make her stay with me. I should have done something, said something" I say, taking the tears away.

"I do not think a minute she wanted to leave you; I have never seen a person love someone as clearly as she loves you. And I do not understand how I did not see it before, when even your dad did" She says, and we both laugh.

"Dani has a really big heart, I have never met someone like her, you are lucky to have found someone like her, Valentine" she tells me while she park the car outside the house.

"You both deserve each other, more than anything," she says. I lean in to hug her.

"Thank you. I love you mom"

"I love you to, sweetheart," she says.

We finish packing out the groceries, and I walk up the stairs to check on Dani. I open the door and the sound of breathing comes to my ears. She lays on the bed on her back. Curled up in one of my t-shirts, and I can see the bandage around her stomach. Her broken arm lays on her side. I walk towards her and lay down beside her. Looking at her beautiful face, lips locked, eyes closed,  nose, the scars on her face. No matter how she will look, I will always love her. I stroke her face with my hand and feel her warm skin under my fingers. After a while, she moves closer to me. She lays her broken arm over my waist and push herself closer. Her head lay on my stomach and she takes a big breath under her sleep. Even though she is not awake, she makes me smile.

Dani clench to my shirt.

"You're here" she says happy and turn to look up to me. I smile to her.

"Hey" I say and take her hair away from her face.

"Come here" I drag her up to me, she lays her head on my chest and I kiss her on the top of her head.

"How do you feel?" I ask her.

"Like I have been run over" she says and laugh.

"Honey" I say worry.

"I am fine, calm down," she says and place a kiss on my lips. She looks at me for a while then she kiss me again, harder and longer. She turns her body, and lay above me. She holds me on my waist and move her hands longer and longer up.

"Dani stop" I say between our lips.

"I can't" she answer and force my lips on hers. Her touch makes me want more and more, but I can't. I move away from her and lay beside her. She looks at me disappointed.

"I just... Cannot touch you. I am sorry. I am terrified I'll hurt you," I say, and I hear my own voice breaking.

"Hey, It is okay" she says and start to stroke my face. She smiles.

"I love you, a lot, and you have no idea how hard it is to keep my hands and lips away from you," she says.

"Trust me it took all the power inside of me to pull you away" I tell her, and take her hand and kiss it.