2. The fight

I wake up to the sound of water falling. Dani must have gone into the shower. The clock says it is nine in the morning. I take on my white tank top and some dark jeans. I am going to meet my aunt at her bookstore at twelve. I grabbed something to eat on the way. If there is, something I love about my aunt is that we have something in common and that is we both love books. I want to become a writer someday and hopefully a good one.

"Hey, honey." My aunt says, giving me a hug. Then she let me go.

"You colored your hair black?" She asks, and I nod.

"I like it, brings out those pretty blue eyes of yours." She tells me and gives me a warm smile. She showed me around the store where to put the books in the right places, and what order they are supposed to be inn. I am going to start working tomorrow, on Saturday. Which is great, away from Dani. Even though her eyes last night almost made me change my mind about her. The way it made me feel, as I tried to take away something important to her.

I went back to the room, finding Dani in her bed watching a movie or something on her PC. Her dark brown hair is up in a ponytail, and she has a black tank top on, I like her shirt. Still, she has that angry look in her eyes when she watches me, and I do not know what to do about it. I sit down on the edge of the bed, looking at her, maybe more studying her. I just wonder if there is something there from last night, in her eyes. I keep studying her every inch of her, her eyes, nose, and ears. Then I notice a scar that goes from behind her ear and back down to her neck. I didn't see it yesterday because her hair was in the way. Well, we did not see each other that much either.

"What?" Dani says angrily, shut her PC and put it on the bedside table. She looks at me, hard.

"I'm sorry, " I say and look out the window behind our beds. Why where I apologize? "Yeah, you better be, " she says and walks into the bathroom. By the time she comes out I stand in front of her, we are at the same height so I look straight into her eyes. She looks back. "What?" she asks, throwing up her hands in frustration. I start to laugh a little, and I shake my head and I cannot stop smiling over how funny she looked.

"What's so funny?" she asks me.

"Noting" I say looking down at my feet.

"Then move," she says irritated. I look back at her metes her green eyes. It is not often I see that. We stare at each other for a while as if it is a staring contest.

"Can you stop looking at me like that?" she says. I do not answer and she pushes me to the side to get through. She sits down on her bed.

"You are such a weirdo," she tells me shaking her head. It made me angry, and I swear that I tried to keep my mouth shut. As I said, I tried.

"Says the girl who sleeps with the lights on," I say with a fast laugh. She looks at me and her eyes turn dark. She moves towards me.

"I swear to God, I want to hit you right now," she says, standing so close that I can feel her breath in my face.

"Don't swear to God, swear to me" her teeth clench. She grabs my shoulders with her hands and pull me down on the floor between the beds. Knocking the air out of me. She sits above me, holding me down with her hands. I catch my breath again, and I put my arms in between hers and force her down, so I could turn her around. Now I lay above her. My knees beside her waist, and my hands holding hers over her head on the cold floor. Dani is kicking her feet trying to get me off, but it is not working. She stops, and I can hear her breathing heavy.

"Get off me!" she yells. She moves under my body, but still cannot get out of my grip. I look at her patiently, and she notices. Dani stops moving. She lies under me surrounded. Dani looks at me, but not with the cold and hatred way, she did. This time they are soft and gentle. The way she should have looked at me from the first day we met. I did not like the judgmental, tough, and angry look. The impact she gave was something I have never experienced. Now she looks, vulnerable and exposed, and I like it. Some of her hair is in her face; it must have loosened out of her ponytail. I cannot stop myself, so I let my left hand slip hers and I take her hair away from her face and put it behind her ear. She looks at me questioning what I am doing, but then of course I feel a hard punch on my right side of my face. Knocking me down beside her.

"That is what you get for not letting me go," she says, lying there beside me. I take my hand up to the damaged, and I can see the blood on my finger. My jaw is in big pain from the punch she gave me. Dani sit up and look towards the window, then looking down at me with big eyes.

"Oh my God!" she says. Leaning down to me and hold my jaw with one hand. She looks at me so concerned. I think my heart melted. I close my eyes at the thought of it.

"I'm sorry," she says fast, taking her hand away. Oh shit, she probably thought she made me close my eyes from the pain.

"No, " I say sit up next to her.

"I deserved that punch," I say with a small laugh. I take my hand up to my lip again, taking away the blood that runs to my chin. She looks at me again, worried. I smile to her, letting her know I am fine. I wince at the pain, and she notices it. Okay, smiling is not a good idea. I look into her eyes and I see guilt. I breathe out heavily, and lick my lower lip, tasting the blood. Even though it was not the reason, I licked it.

When I came into the bathroom, I saw how bad it looked, my lower face is red and blue, and a cracked lip. I wash my face taking away the blood, and stop the bleeding. It looks bad, but it will heal. I hear a knock on the door.

"Yes?" I say and watch Dani open it, and stand in the doorframe and leans on it with her shoulder. I can see the question in her face.

"I am fine," I tell her. She does not believe me. Why would she? I look like someone's punching bag. I thought I should smile, but last time I did, it did not go so well.

"What do you want me to say?" I look frustrated at her, and I continue, "That it hurt's so bad, that I can't even smile to you. I-I can't even lie to you that I am fine" I take my hands up to my face and breath heavy out.

I feel her presence; she takes my hands, and hold them down. Her right hand moves under my chin to lift up my head to meet her eyes. Dani looks at me with a smile. A tear run down my cheek "I do not understand why you feel bad about that you can't lie to me" Dani says, and takes away the tear carefully over my soar skin with her thumb.

"I know that it hurts, I can see it. Please, don't lie to me, " she says and her smile fades. She looks at me seriously, letting me know that I should never lie to her.