3. The party

When I got home from work, it was empty. I met a guy, at the bookstore named Oliver, and he asked if I wanted to come to a party tonight, I said yes. It would be nice to meet other people here, to get some friends to hang with. I walk into the bathroom to clean myself up. Oliver could not keep his eyes of my swollen lip. When he asked, I told him I deserved it. My aunt could not believe me when I told her the same; she shook her head at me. I told her to calm down and forget it.

Just when I went out the bathroom, I heard a knock on the door. I open and there he stands, Oliver. 

"Hey, you ready?" he asks with a smile. Taking his blonde hair out of his face. It reaches almost down to his cheek. Making him look more attractive. He smiles wide and it reaches up to his eyes, his brown eyes. I smile at him and walk out the door.

When we came to the party, it was overcrowded. The music is loud, and people dancing. The smell of beer and liquor is all around. I can feel the energy, the fun and the tension in the air. That drives everyone around. I see Dani standing in a corner with another girl, probably a friend. She catches me, and I turn around to Oliver. "

Do you want something?" he asks. "No, thank you, " I say polite and he nods. "Hey!" a guy yells, and starts talking to Oliver. Seems like they are good friends. I notice how awkward it is for me to stand there so I walk away.

I sit down on the couch, and I watch Oliver smiling and laughing with his friends. He walks over to me and tells me he is going outside with his friends, something big was going to happen. I nod to him and smile. As the times pass, the room that was crowded is starting to reduce, people are getting drunk, and there is a guy lying on the floor passed out, or dead, who knows? Dani walks over and she sits down, next to me.

"Having fun?" she asks, taking a sip of her beer.

"Can't complain"

"I'm bored," she says.

She takes a new sip and then looks at me closer than she should, narrowing her eyes. I lean back a little.

"Sorry, " she says and moves back.

"Just wondering if your face looks better" I am not sure if she is even capable to see me straight. She looks a little drowsy.

"Are you drunk, Dani?"

"Why?" she looks at me raising an eyebrow. I can see in her eyes that she is drunk, tired. She takes another sip of the beer.

"I can see that you are" I say. She looks at me closely narrowing her eyes again looking straight into my eyes. I can feel and smell her breath, beer.

"What are you doing?" I ask and she backs away, as if she just woke up from a trance, and I am the weird one? She leans down in the couch, closing her eyes.

"Dani?" I ask after a while. No respond.

"Dani!" I yell and shake her. Causing her to kick the table, and beer bottles shattering on the floor. Still the guy on the floor is lying quietly.

"That guy is defiantly dead," I tell Dani and she burst out in laughter. I look at her in shock. Yes, drunk.

It was hard to get Dani home, she could barely walk, even stand. I had to drag her out of the couch and when I asked if she could walk, she said yes. But when I let her go she fell down yelling shit, so I had to catch her before falling on the table. Finally, we are home, I open the door. I lost her, and there she goes, falling down on the floor. Her face first. I am dead.

"What the hell?" she yells, as if she just woke up from a deep sleep.

"Well, that is what happens when you can't stand on your feet"

"Oh, my head, " she says.

"Well, I guess we are even," I say laughing.

"Not funny, like at all, " she says sitting up.

"It kind of is" I put her in bed, and I sit on the edge. I turn on her light and, look down at her. We stare at each other for a moment.

"You know, " she starts.

"I still hate you" I look at her, wondering.

"Why?"

"I don't know, " she yawns.

"But, there is one thing I like about you" I raise my eyebrows. She smiles, and takes my hair behind my ear, the same way I did to her. When we wanted to kill each other.

"Black hair and blue eyes are my favorite," she tells me, and then yawn. Dani closes her eyes and lies comfortable in her bed. Breathing slowly.