Chapter 2

...Then I met HIM.

 He leaned over to look at what I'd written in my maths book- nothing. Seriously, I'm a total dunce when it comes to this class. He sat to my right. He put his hand on my shoulder and told me step by step how to solve the question. I wrote down everything he said and to my surprise...

"OH MY GOSH!! I FINALLY GET IT!!!" I had both of my hands raised in the air as a sort of victory dance.

"Well done Rebecca." the teacher said in a bored tone.

"Thanks Miss!" I said, oblivious to her annoyance at me. I turned to the guy sitting next to me. "Thank you sooo much... I soooooooo owe you" I gushed.

He smiled. He was soo cute. I blushed a bit. "I'm Shaun..." he said awkwardly.

"You're so smart! How come you're in the bottom maths set??" I asked.

"Algebra's my strong point, but if you started to talk to me about Pithigoras's (said Pith-ey-gorr -ass) little idea or the square root of cheese... You've lost me." he laughed. I laughed with him.

"For the record, it's Pythagoras's theorem, and I thought everyone knew the square root of cheese." I paused to add suspense..."its milk." I said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

He laughed again, so did I. "Ummm, I'm Becca." I said, holding out my hand. He took it and we shook hands.

"Nice to meet you. Umm, how come everyone calls you REbecca?"

I explained that it was only the teachers that called me that. There was only one teacher that didn't, he was called Mr Harrison. He was my favourite by far. (please don't tell the other teachers I said that- it might upset them.)

I spent the rest of the lesson talking to Shaun. It was, without doubt, the BEST maths lesson ever. It was over too quickly. I said goodbye to Shaun before running off to find Alex. I had so much to tell her.

I found her outside the canteen. I pulled on her sleeve to get her attention.

"What are you so happy about? You just had maths remember?" she asked. I jumped up and down excitedly and dragged her to our form room.

"Okay! What!!??" she asked slightly annoyed.

"ohmygoshhessofitandamazingandhisnameisShaun.AlexIminlooooooveeee...!!!" I gushed in one breath.

Alex laughed. "Slow down girl!"

"Okay. I was struggling in maths and Shaun helped me and..."

"Who's Shaun?" my ignorant friend cut me off. I took a breath and began the story from the beginning. Soon enough, after many questions, I finished my tale. It was nearly the end of break but Alex had one question left. It was the most important by far.

"What did he look like?" she asked.

Then the bell went.

“He has the most gorgeous tousled blonde hair and these deep blue eyes. He’s like a god, I swear!”

You may think that it's weird that I’ve never seen Shaun before but, well, school's a big place, and I'm not.

I'm still waiting for my final growth spurt. I'm a late grower:(

Alex and I spent the whole of the next lesson: Spanish, talking about Shaun and finding all the rude words in the Spanish dictionary. (I would never use them...) In other words, it was a chatting fest but all the while, I could not get Shaun out of my head!

 ------

The lesson after that went by uneventfully. Alex wasn't in that class and neither were any of my other friends.

For the rest of the day I swear I nearly died of boredom.

When home time finally arrived, I jumped out of my seat, grabbed my already packed bag and sprinted out the door. I proceeded to make a complete nincompoop out of myself by throwing my arms into the air and yelling 'booyah!' really loudly. I realised that I was the only one in the hall at that point in time... Whoops...

I walked off to find Alex in the embarrassed 'I've-just-done-something-stupid-but-it's-okay-because-no-one-noticed' sort of way.

I found her talking to Mick and Mike outside the form room.

'Yo ma homies!' I said in my attempt to said gangster-ish. 'what are homies?' I asked after a pause.

My friends just laughed at me.

'Come on Becca, I've gotta take Mike to a 'How not to look and act like a dork' class.' Mick joked.

Mike rolled his eyes and pushed his identical twin out of the entrance to the school. I hugged Alex and followed them to the car.

When I got home, I pushed on the gate whilst waving to the boys. I grabbed my keys and opened the door to my house. Home, sweet home.

'Mum! Dad! I'm home!'

'Hi sweetie.' my mum answered. 'spag boll for dinner, is that okay?'

'Mmm my favourite! Hey, i'll be in my room, call me when it's ready.' with that, I ran up the stairs and opened the door to my bedroom. I smiled slightly when I saw my reflection. I jumped on my bed and plugged myself into my iPod. I pressed shuffle and was instantly deafened by L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N. Noah and the whale. News flash: Becca just had a thought; ain't life good...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys,

Long time, no upload! Sorry, been very busy!!

Thanks and enjoy :D

Shannen and Alice :D xx