Bentley

Bentley couldn't stop the grin forming over face, not like he wanted to stop, but its been a while...

First he called Dimitri, telling him thst they needed him to watch over the thievious raccoonus again. With Penelope still out, he couldnt trust his security. She was one of the smartest people he knew afterall and might disarm it all with ease.

Penelope. Oh how he loved her once! But her true colours had truly broke his heart. He couldnt believe that she kept all that rage and contempt hidden for soo long. She did all that because she didnt want Bentley to be with Sly? Did she forget her earlier 'crush' over that very same thieving raccoon that made Bentley grow with jealousy at the guy? Did she forget that if it werent for Sly, they never would have met?

How could she have forgotten it all and go completely off tangent?

Realizing that he getting off focus, he shook his head and dialled Carmelita, a smile forming at his lips again. Things may not have worked out with him and Penelope,  but hopefully Carmelita wasn't as black and white as she was before and would give herself and Sly another chance.

Several rings later, a voice spoke, "Carmelita Fox"

"Oh! You picked it, thank goodness." Bentley exclaimed. He was worried that she was busy and wouldn't be able to get the news and join them.

"Bentley! Wow...I didnt expect you to call!" After Sly left, Bentley decided to check up on her regularly.  Bentley had fixed certain timings and dates to call her. After all, Sly's little guide 'How to make Carmelita Montoya Fox's Day' had certainly guided and helped him learn what NOT to do with the fox, unless you were a certain ringtailed raccoon.

The two of them would keep searching for Sly, neither backing off nor having their faith diminish, so the least he could do now was let her know first hand...but he would rather tell it to her in person and see her reaction rather than do it all over the phone.  "Well, miss Fox, I think you ought to come to the hideout. It's about Sly."

And with that, he cut the call.

Bentley smiled. The two of them were certainly on much better terms now. He knew she missed Sly just as much as he missed him, maybe more, he knew Sly would definitely want to meet her...

...maybe not if he's in trouble out there though.

Bentley frowned at the thought, but he couldn't get it out of his head. He had to be prepared for anything. They didn't know whats out there and risk all of their lives by their indecisions and haste in getting Sly back.

So, he had to make sure that they were all ready. Well, with Carmelita, the gang had their temporary thief. Afterall, if someone were to carry out a mission to get inside and gather up info on the situation and make a quick getaway, who better than the cop who's as good as Sly?

She wasn't anywhere close to his league, but was certainly the much better choice...for now.

Sighing, Bentley relaxed. If Sly indeed sent that message, it means he's alive. So that's one great thing. Though, if he was in danger or not was what began to plague his mind.