Carmelita

Another day. Another bust gone successful.

Nothing was challenging enough for her anymore.

Afterall, after chasing the one who can't be caught, these petty criminals were nothing.

But still, Carmelita would smile, take on more assignments. The only she could do now.

The only thing she ever knew and believed in.

Apart from a certain ringtail. Who wasn't around anymore.

As she walked, the vixen passed by the Eiffel tower. Looking up at the towering skyscraper, she could remember those tender moments.

Like the first time Sly had surprised with a rose and pecked her on the cheek. She still had that picture, Sly probably dropped it after getting stuck by that blasted blimp.

She could remember the scent of fellow Constable turned Inspector Cooper. Hiw he'd just stand there and gaze around, slowly and calmly.

Sometimes his actions made her forget that he used to be a thief, a stealthy one at that. It never ceased to surprise her how calm and peaceful he could be.

But that was when she assumed he had amnesia...now, looking back, it just amazed her all the more.

Sly lied, yes...but it was a lie based off of one she initiated.

She was the one who took advantage of their situation and Sly, he just...developed on it. Funny how she's defending him now...taking him to dissappear for her to come to terms with everything.

She still remembered how worried she was...hoping that today wouldn't be the day he'll regain his memories....and at the same also remembered the way he would always have that thoughtful look, asking her what she feared the most.

"Carm?"

"Hmmm"

"Have you ever wondered...if It'll be like this?"

"What?" Distracted, the Latin inspector turned to him.

"I mean, you know I don't remember anything before that day right?"

"Uhuh"

"....what if I ever regained those memories? Would you still be with me? Or do love this version of me?"

Carmelita frowned. Sly was the same before and after he amnesia. The only thing that she believed had ever seperated was...their jobs.

She was a cop. He was a thief. How could expect it to ever work out?

"You're the same person. Of course I'd still love you." It wasn't a lie. He was the same...despite his amnesia. And she loved him ever since she met him...well not exactly, but still...

So technically, even if they can't get together if ever regains his memories, she's not exactky lying to him about her love.

That was alright, right?

Right?

The buzzing of her phone, brought her out of her reverie. She knew now that it wasn't just their jobs....it was their- her stubbornness. Actually both of them were partly to blame for their currently unstable relationship.

If it could still be called a relationship.

...if only I could get past my black and white views before...

....and if you were here...

Shaking her head she answered it.

"Carmelita Fox"

"Oh! You picked it, thank goodness."

A small genuine smile appeared as she recognised the voice. It was Bentley. The turtle seemed to know when she was down ans would always help her out. And the two of them would keep searching for Sly, neither backing off nor having their faith diminish.

He always looked out for her...funny how seemed to know exactky what to say or do for her. It was like Sly had given him a "How to make Carmelita Fox's day" to use in his absence.

"Bentley! Wow...I didnt expect you to call!"

"Well, miss Fox, I think you ought to come to the hideout. It's about Sly."

And with that, the call was cut. Leaving Carmelita ever curious.

Her heart was racing. How long it had been since someone mentioned his name out like that?

Did Bentley find him?

Bentley...Carmelita was surprised how Sly's disappearance brought them all closer. Even in oblivion, she owed Sly.

He saved her countless times before...amd now he's given her friends, who were just like family.

How she longed to see him again!

Racing, she went quickly to Bentley's home. Aka, the hideout. As she sped onwards she couldn't help the flow of memories....

...of unresolved matters she wanted to close so that she could finally have a proper relationship with him.

Her raccoon will be found. Hopefully it'll be sooner than she hoped.