VI - Misdial

***Dedicated to im_with_irwin because of her ridiculous number of comments on the last 5 chapters! Thank you so much, girl! It meant a lot :3***

I'm not even going to lie. I felt pretty smug walking into school on Tuesday morning.

Jamie hadn't come to school yesterday.

Man, I would use my own money to pay to see him scrub and scrub and scrub only to look in the mirror and have his perfect brown skin still covered in pink.

Yes, I said my own money.

For now, I guess I'll just have to settle for pictures all over Facebook and Twitter of him storming out of my house with his perfectly planned outfit covered in paint.

Revenge.

Is.

Sweet.

When I got to the entrance to H.L.A, a preppy cheerleader opened the door for me.

"Thanks..."

Crap, what's her name? What's her name?
"...Carla?"

Her face dropped, "It's Summer. We've known each other since freshman year."

Oops.

Normally, right about now I would make some unnecessary sassy remark, but I'm in a good mood.

"Gotcha!" I faked laughed as the door closed behind us, "I was just messin' with ya, Summer."

I nudged her shoulder, "How've you been?"

Unfortunately for the fake blonde, as soon as she opened her mouth, she had to clamp it back shut.

Someone was calling my name and they were calling it frantically.

I didn't even have to turn my head 90 degrees in order to tell who it was.

Or should I say who they were.

But, what I wasn't expecting was the strength they used to drag me away from the blonde with roots that desperately need a touch up.

"Bye, Sidney!" I apologetically called to the girl I was leaving behind.

"It's Summer!" She stamped her foot like an angry toddler.

Oops.

"What are you two doing?" I hissed at the twins, trying to leave out any vulgar name calling.

No, no, hell isn't freezing over. I told you, I'm in a good mood.

Jenna was taking a sip of her Starbucks coffee, so Emma answered, "We're taking a short cut?"

I finally regained my foothold and stopped in my tracks, "What are you talking about? I was right by my locker!"

The girls exchanged a "twin look" and responded simultaneously, "Trust us. You don't want to go that way."

I shuddered before rolling my eyes. I will never get used to that.

I shook my head at them, "I'm going to my locker the same way I go every day."

The twins sighed, "Then we're coming with you. You're going to need us."

Right.

Me need them?

Okay.

I stayed silent as I made my way back down the hallway with the Ditzys trailing behind me like minions sipping on their coffee and, every once in a while, sharing worried looks that they thought I couldn't see.