chapter 4

Lauren's POV

Waking up, I start to remember what happened last night. It's not usually like me to just offer my home up. Actually, it's definitely not like me. But there was something about Camila. Something in those brown orbs were telling me to help her. Her eyes are both beautiful and sad at the same time. The way she held onto her son like she was his shield was heartbreaking. She was trying to stay strong for him even though she seemed to be the one breaking.

I got up and went downstairs to start making a cup of coffee. Then I realized that I also have a kid in the house. I'm pretty sure a toddler doesn't drink coffee. But I had absolutely nothing to work with.

I climb up on the counter and looked up in the cabinets to see if I had any ideas for what to make the little guy.

"Excuse me?" I hear a little voice say behind me. I turn around to see Camila's son rubbing his tired eyes. But no sign of Camila.

"Hey there bud." I smile while climbing down from the counter top and kneel down so I'm almost the same height.

"Mommy sleep." he mumbled as he reached his hands up requesting me to pick him up. I laughed and obliged.

"Well she's tired little guy. I'm surprised you're not still sleeping." He shrugs his shoulders and wraps his arms around my neck as I rest his petit body on my hip.

"By the way, what's your name?" I chuckle realizing all I've been calling him is nicknames.

"Tyler." he smiles and points to himself.

"Tyler" I repeat. "Can I call you Ty?" He nods his head quickly and I point to myself.

"I'm Lauren"

"Lolo?" he questions and I smile at the nickname.

"Yeah, Ty, Lolo." I smile as I hear his stomach start to grumble.

"Uh, oh. Someone's hungry. We should do something about that, yeah?" His eyes light up and I set him on the counter.

"Let's put our thinking caps on and figure out what we can make. Do you like pancakes, waffles, eggs?"
I ask Tyler and he looks confused.

"Why so big?" I now start to get confused.

"Why is what so big, Bud?"

"Breakfast. I never had big one." I frown at his comment and start to walk towards him.

"Well today, you are going to have breakfast made for a king." he begins to hop up and down in excitement and I have never seen a kid so happy for breakfast.

------

Camila's POV

I wake up and turn to find a body nowhere near me. I sit up and begin to panic. But then I hear loud singing coming from down stairs.

I get up and begin to walk towards the kitchen and see no other then Lauren and Tyler with flour all over their faces and food everywhere.

"Mommy!" Tyler jumps off the counter and runs towards me. I pick him up and start kissing him all over his face.

"Mommy, not in front of Lolo." Tyler begins to blush and Lauren starts to giggle.

"Lolo?" I look up and Lauren and she just shrugs her shoulders.

I put Tyler down and he goes back to cooking. Then I am greeted by the other presence.

Lauren walks up to me and puts her and on my face. I flinch as an unfortunate reaction and Lauren frowns.

"I will never hurt you Camila." Once again I relax and let her do as she pleases.

She examines my eyes and looks down at my shirt then back to my eyes. I nod in giving her permission and she lifts my shirt.

Blue and purple markings are still present on my ribs and I see the sadness in Lauren's eyes once again.

She lets down my shirt and looks back up to my eyes.
The sun is just barely hitting her face but it makes her emerald eyes look almost clear.  I notice myself completely lost in her eyes and snap myself
out of it.

She smiles at me. "I think the eyes is getting better. As for the ribs, I think you should get them checked out. Any trouble breathing.

"Kinda." I reply. "What are you a doctor or something?" I ask her raising my eyebrow.

"Or something. I'm studying to be a Pediatric Surgeon. I love helping people." She smiles and looks back at Tyler.

"TYLER!" I scream as I see him drop all of the eggs on the floor.

"Timber!!!" Lauren laughs and runs to go pick up the eggs.

"I'm so sorry Lauren." I frown for what my son had done.

"Why? It was hilarious." Lauren smiles and looks at Tyler.

"Yeah, Mommy."

I roll my eyes and then feel an egg crack on my head.

"Yeah, Mommy." Lauren smirks mimicking Tyler.

My jaw drops and I grab the closest thing to me which happened to be the flour and I pour it all over Lauren.

"Oh it's on!" She screams

We all grab as much food as we can hold and begin having a huge food fight. Batter, flour, eggs are being thrown everywhere.

This goes on for about 5 minutes and then I decide to surrender. Tyler ended up betraying me and going on Lauren's side so I was completely alone.

" I was betrayed by my own son! " I announce while shaking my hair out.

" You win some, you lose some." Lauren smirked.

I roll my eyes and look at Tyler. Somehow he managed to be absolutely spotless and no food was even around him.

On the other hand, Lauren and I were filthy.

Tyler began to yawn and seemed worn out.

"Go watch some TV baby, I'll come lay with you in a minute." He nods and makes his way to the room.

Lauren and I both look at each other and laugh.

It took us about 45 minutes to clean up the kitchen but luckily we finally finished.

We walked up the stairs noticing that we both needed to shower.

I looked at her and she smirked at me.

"Well don't be shy. C'mon, let's go shower." she winked and I swallowed a huge lump in my throat.
---------
A/N:  I'm not really sure what to say about this chapter other then " are things going to escalate quickly?" ;)