Chapter 36

Winter.

My Christmas is going great. My Mama is home, my baby is healthy, and it just seems like everything is balanced in my life right now. My sisters came to see me and I fell in love with King's puppy. We exchanged gifts and they got the chance to meet Mama. It's been so much going on that I didn't get a chance to introduce them properly. They bonded pretty well they even gave her a gift. That was sweet and now Mama is trying to go get them a gift like all the stores are open on Christmas.

King got me a plush pregnancy pillow that had my name on it and some fuzzy socks. This will come in handy after dinner when I pass out from eating the whole refrigerator. My appetite is through the roof. I have to carry snacks around just to stay sane. Aaryn got me a cute little lunch tote to carry my snacks in and a big T-shirt that said mommy to be. I got them both shirts that said Auntie's and a framed picture of my first ultrasound. Then King got a custom pull over that says "King, and you are?" and Aaryn got one that says "A comes first, then the rest of you." because you know my girls are top notch the rest are basic back of the line hoes.

After they left I started getting ready. Tonight is going to be a little uneasy. My father does not know my Mama is back. Michelle invited me to have dinner with the whole family so when I go over there Mama will be with me.

While I waited for the shower to get warm I went to remind Mama we would be leaving in a few hours.

"Hey Mama. Don't forget we are leaving for dinner later."

"Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding me." She said sighing deeply.

"What's wrong?"

"I forgave him a long time ago but that doesn't replace the hurt he caused me. I don't know if I am ready to face him."

"If you aren't ready now when will you be ready?"

"Probably never. Something like this is hard to deal with."

"You have to face this Mama. It's now or never. Consider it something like closure."

"I guess but on a happier note I love your friends. It was so sweet of them to get me a gift and they didn't even really know me."

"Those are my girls. We fall out every once in a while but eventually we come around. That's how I know we are sisters for life. No matter what we go through we always come back together. We recently had the biggest fight ever and it even got physical. We shunned each other for a month or so but then we slowly but surely fixed it and they have been so supportive during this pregnancy ever since. I don't know what I would do without them."

"I am glad you have found that. Not many people have someone close to them that are not blood but still family."

"Yeah, I'm about to go get in the shower. I just came to remind you about later."

"Okay. I guess I'll be doing the same."

I took my time in the shower washing of the long week I had and washing my hair. It's been a while since I've really taken care of myself and I don't want to fall off just because I am with child. After I did everything I needed to do I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around most of me. I made a mental note to get bigger towels.

While I was drying off my phone vibrated on the bed.

Jeremy: Merry Christmas.