Chapter 2

The group and I all walked to the closest diner, being as a few of the guys knew they would have a drink or two so avoided bringing their car to the party. The diner wasn't a far walk, less than fifteen minutes away. The whole walk there, Hailee and Phoebe played 21 questions with me. Asking how I met Cody, what we talked about, why his eyes are so dreamy, all that fun stuff. I tried to answer as much as I could but the truth was, I didn't know much about him to answer. When we walked into the house the girls stood there with wide, excited eyes. I knew they were dying to know everything from the first second.

When we got to the diner, we were seated in a big booth where we all had enough room to sit comfortably. I sat in between Hailee and Phoebe, while Tyler's roommate Sam sat across me. Cody sat next to Sam, diagonally across from me. We ate and talked about how excited and nervous we are for our first year. The conversation ranged from being deep, to being about partying and having fun, and back to being deep. I couldn't help myself and stole a few glances at Cody. Luckily he didn't seem to notice when I would look over at him.

"SO," Hailee slams her down on the table, "Cody. Tell us about yourself!"

"Haha, well what do you want to know?" He responds while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well, do you have a girlfriend?"

"Nah."

"This guy's last girlfriend cheated on him so he lost all of his game," Nathan interjects.

"Wait wait wait," Cody points his finger at Nathan, "I didn't lose my game. I just lost interest in trying. There's nothing wrong with that!"

I decided to speak up. "I don't think there's anything wrong with that, I agree with you." Cody smiles at me.

"Besides, who would in their right mind cheat on you?!" Sam asks.

"Carli and I are single if you were wondering," Hailee wiggles her eyebrows.

Cody looks over at my probably red face and smiles, "Good to know."

The rest of our time consists of Cody asking us questions and us asking him questions, we all got to know each other pretty well.

By the time we all got up to leave, it was almost 2:30 in the morning. I was exhausted. Cody and Nathan lived in the dorm building next to the one Hailee and I lived in so they both offered to walk us home, probably because Hailee was giving Nathan the googly eyes. Cody kicked at the street as we walked, "So what's your major?"

"Public health," I replied, "I want to work for an organization and collect research about programs and whatnot. What's yours?"

"Fancy! What made you want to choose that career path?" He asks, "I'm engineering."

"Me fancy? Look at you, Mr. Engineer!" I chuckle, "And I just want to help out I guess. I'm too queasy to be a doctor but I want to work in the health field, help out any way I can." Cody gives me a little smile and nods in understanding.

"I just wanna make money and I like math," he shrugs.

I make a face, "Gross, who likes math?"

"Hey hey, I do okay? Don't judge me!"

"I will go straight to you if I need help with math then," I promise him.

"Deal," he smiles at me.

We walk behind Nathan and Hailee, trying to guess what they could be talking about. We talk about little things like our families, our hometowns, all those generic topics of conversation. When we finally get to our building, the boys insist on walking us up to our doors. They wanted to "make sure" we were safe. Not complaining though, it was pretty cute for them to demand. Hailee and I requested each other as roommates but I guess the housing department screwed up because Hailee was two doors down with Phoebe as her roommate while I had a single dorm room. Hailee and Nathan stood in front of her door, chatting for a bit so Cody and I leaned against the wall in front of my door.

"You're pretty cool," Cody tells me with his head leaned back on the wall.

"I try, thanks," I reply. "You're pretty cool too, I guess."

"I try, really hard," he responds. "I was hoping I would be cool enough to be in your group. What do you think?"

"I think you passed their test," I sarcastically remark. "Well, I'm going to head inside. I'm beat."

"Yeah definitely," Cody gets off the wall. "You should get your rest."

"I'll see you later?" I ask, silently hoping for a yes.

"Maybe," he shrugs while I feel like an idiot, "if you give me your number so we can hang out more." He hands over his phone and I put my number in and he does the same to my phone. "It was nice meeting you tonight, I hope I didn't bore you."

I chuckle, "You were just the right amount of not-boring. Good night." I smile and turn to open my dorm door.

"Good night Carli," Cody smiles and walks away with Nathan. Hailee gives me a big smile that says "I am so freaking excited and happy and I cannot wait to tell you everything and vice versa!" We both walk into our rooms and I lay on my bed staring at the wall. What a night. I wasn't really expecting much. I'm not saying Cody and I hit it off and we're going to start dating anytime soon. I guess it was just nice to meet a cute boy and have a nice conversation with him. I haven't ever dated anyone because I haven't had an interest in anyone but Cody was refreshing to meet. I took off my shoes, changed into my pajamas, and got snuggled under my comfy blanket with a fuzzy feeling in my chest.

—————————————

Hey guys, I know this was a tad bit short especially since chapter one was fairly long! No worries, I just felt like I moved too fast in the first chapter but I didn't want to "lead up" to anything. I just wanted to get right into that. But I slowed down a bit this chapter. Hope you enjoyed it and if not, I'll try harder!