Chapter Seventeen: I Don't Drink Red Bull, But I Got Wings.

If nothing makes sense, then I will. Remember me, always.

-@hauntedspade, Wattpad.

C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N

I DIDN'T DRINK RED BULL,BUT I STILL GOT WINGS.

"So what are we drinking here?" Nathan asked as we three got seated on three different bar stools. We were in the casino of the yacht which had a huge bar counter and a number of expensive drinks were on display screaming 'money'. The yacht wasn't moving, anchored to the shore, but I was still scared shitless.

I had a high alcohol resistance, but when I was high, it just.. let's not talk about it.

"Vodka," said Rebekah. Rich brats. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Don't do this, Rain." Cara who was on my right whispered to me.

"I am a fighter, Care," I said in a determined voice, "I can do this."

"I tried," Cara shrugged and gave Tungsten a sympathetic look.

As Tungsten advanced to me, I quickly said, "Don't try this time. Lindt's here. I want to win this really."

"Okay, I'll tell Nate to quit it," said Tungsten but I gave him my infamous glare and he retreated to his original spot.

"Are you ready, people?" Lindsay asked dramatically as if we were going to fight a war. The crowd which now increased to be of about sixty cheered which made me a little nervous, but I, Rain Panache, was a fighter.

I couldn't imagine myself coming back home with my head hung low to the disapproving stare of Polly the Penguin. "I was supposed to be proud of you, Rain. Look what you've done to me. My pride, my glory are in jeopardy. What will Azazel the Raccoon say? I did not expect this from you of all people," Polly would say. And then I would just hang my head down like a defeated war team and then my pride would be swallowed by the ground.

The thought made a chill run down my spine. I couldn't let that happen. So I mustered enough courage to say, "Bring it on, Lindt, Bekah."

The first shot they poured me went through my throat like it were water. Told you, I had a high resistance. Nathan choked in the end a little bit while Cara just gulped it down like I did without any hesitation.

The second shot burned my throat a little bit, but it wasn't unbearable. Nathan choked at this one again and Cara looked like she was gonna puke.

The third shot led to the falling of Nathan and Tungsten coming to his rescue. Whereas Cara and me, still in the league, patiently asked for more.

Cara looked at me uncertainly asking me if she should give up with her eyes. But I shook my head and took the next gulp.

Nine shots later, I could the cheers of the ground to the maximum level and my chest, which was filled with pride, now asked me to stop. But I was a warrior on a war.

Cara's cheeks looked red and I bet mine did too. Well, not to mention, I was starting to see stars and princes around the room. And that's when the tenth shot came in.

One.. Two.. Three.. I chanted in my head and closed my eyes to the next one and as I raised the glass to my lips, I heard a thud signalling Cara's head falling on the bar.

Well, that didn't matter because I was the winner. I felt dizzy and stars turned into gigantic unicorns for a while and then everything changed.

"Can we take her to one of your rooms, Rebekah?" I heard someone- Tungsten ask Rebekah.

To which a high-pitched replied, "Um..Okay take her to the right of the deck. The left side is strictly prohibited. Don't go there. Not by any chance. Okay? Don't go there."

I couldn't hear what she said next since my head was spinning and my eyes were drooping.

"Okay, cat lady. Baaaa-yyeee." I slurred.

"I'll take her," said someone from my left. It was a penguin. A dark haired, husky voiced, brown eyed penguin.

"Can I ride on you, penguin?" I patted the penguin's head.

"No, Rainbow. You can't," the penguin frowned.

"Penguins aren't mean. What happened to you, Polly?" I purred, "is little piggy tired?"

"No. I am not a penguin, Rainbow. C'mon now." The penguin suddenly changed into a unicorn.

"Oh my God, can we fly together?" I said but didn't wait for a reply as I started running out of the casino and on the yacht.

The unicorn flied with me as I spread my wings and ran to fly.

"Stop! For fuck's sake, stop Rain!" The unicorn said.

"But..you you won't let me ride on you. How am I supposed to s-sleep?" I asked with my words slurring in the end.

I didn't wait for him as I grabbed his arm and dragged him along to the other side of the yacht.

"Look, unicorn! We are flying on the sea. Look how beautiful my wings are!" I said as I nearer towards the fenced edge of the boat.

"Rain Panache, if you don't stop running right now, I swear, the result won't be good." The brown eyed unicorn said.

I now saw the unicorn - RJ - my vision confirmed and then I instantly backed away to be saved by the fence. I looked back to the water and then suddenly whispered sadly, "I miss Tammy, R."

"Who's Tamm-" he began to say but I cut him off as I said, "Let's play tag, okay?"

I didn't wait for his consent as I charged towards a door on the yacht.

"Wait, Rain, we aren't supposed to go there. Rebekah said that it's a prohibited zone," He yelled from behind me but I heard his footsteps following me anyway.

I ran and ran and he was now, merely inches apart from him. It was a little bit dark in here. And running to save my life, I collided with something.

"Fuck, Rain. This looks like the control room and-"

"The yacht is moving. Someone pulled the anchor." I heard a distant yell.

Those were the last words I heard as I passed out on the ground.

Little did I know, it wasn't the ground I had crashed on, but a hard chest.

END OF CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

SMALL CHAPTER DON'T KILL ME, I AM CUTE.

who is your favorite character so far?

Anyway, is this book getting boring or something?

Fun fact - I am from India.

Fun question- Where are you from?

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment. ;)

Instagram- whoisriddhijain