Chapter Eight: Why So Facesome?

It's pathetic, really, that we still want things we can't have.

C H A P T E R E I G H T

Why so facesome?

"So, what's your name?" Quinn asked me.

He asked me.

He fucking asked me my name!

Let me say it again, he asked my name and it hit the right aim!

But I couldn't bring myself to say anything. I forgot my own name. What did my parent's name me? Do I have any parents? Am I a penguin? Or am I a raccoon? Did I magically turn into a panda? Or am I an alien. Maybe I am just a vampire.

And then I looked at my hands. They looked pale. Pale white. And then I remembered.

I am Olaf. I am Olaf, the snowman!

"Hi there, I am Olaf! I like warm hugs." I said as realisation dawned in. It's spring! Oh my God! I am going to melt.

"Oh my God. Bring me an umbrella. I am gonna melt." I said quickly. But Quinn and Amila just looked at me weirdly.

Oh come on, I am sane. ain't I?

Ain't I?

Some distant voice yelled, "Rain Rain. What are you doing there?"

It's not even raining, you idiot. You see? That person is insane. Why so judgemental?

The same voice said again but now no longer distant, "Rain what's up with you? I've been trying to call you from afar but you didn't listen."

I looked to up to see - Cara. Wait, what?

I portrayed a look of horror at Quinn and Amila, "I was just joking, you know? I am Rain and this is Cara - my best friend."

"Oh okay. No problem." Amila smiled at me while Quinn just looked at me bemusedly.

There was something with Amila. I called her, "Hey Amila?" She smiled at me, "Can I call you Lucy?"

"Why?" She asked, "Do I resemble a Lucy you know?"

"Oh no, I just think you look like Lucy. I want to call you Lucy." I said as I strutted past her waving a goodbye to the twins.

Bye, Lucy..and Quinn.

***

I walked and walked as I walked. Did I mention that I was walking? I was walking towards the endless tunnel or in other words the school hallway. And then I collided into something.

"Why so grumpy, Rain?" Someone beside me asked.

"I? I am walking." I looked up at Cedric. Man, his face was pretty.

Man-pretty. Man-handsome. Why hand some? His hands were okay barring the muscles and all. But his face was what I loved. So why not face-some?

"Why are you so face-some?" I asked him.

"Because after looking at my face girls say 'aw' and that's why face is equal to aw. I am awesome." He smirked at the thought of establishing an equally facesome comeback.

I just grimaced and waved a goodbye and walked towards my class.

On my way, again, I saw one distracting thing. A very very distracting thing. It was RJ's face. He was walking, too. Probably to his class of course. He was alone.

Surprising Mason was not accompanying him. He walked, I followed like a devotee. There was something about his walk. It wasn't the runway walk. It was also not the "I am the Boss" walk. It was that walk. I knew it.

"Hey, penguin!" I called out hesitantly.

He looked back, looked at me, and then after turning his back he continued walking.

Rude!

"Hey, you! Penguin!" I called out again.

He turned around again. "My name is not Penguin," he muttered exasperating.

"But I w-want to call you p-penguin." What's up with me losing my confidence in front of hot guys?

"Why?" He cocked his head to the side.

I giggled as I ran away to my class, "Because you walk like one!"

***

It was lunch. After excusing myself from the table I sauntered towards the girls restroom.

What's with red fluids and my unhatched ovaries oozing out of my genitals with the speed of Niagra falls?

Okay, whatever. Don't even answer it. It's gross.

As I pushed open the doors of the girls' restroom I heard come crying noises. Scary as hell. I opened the door a tad bit to get a look at the person.

I was not surprised to see a tank top. No wonder.

But what shocked me was the pink tank top which looked similar to one I saw today on a person I know.

Lindt.

***

After having a mini panic attack at the girl's restroom after realising it was none other than Lindsay in there, I ran. For the first time today, I didn't just walk but I ran.

And ran.

Until I reached the dead end. The staircase to the first floor. The desolated staircase. But some hushed voice and presence of two people silenced my steps. I heard loud noices. The girl screamed. I heard a screech and then again a scream. Oh my God!

I halted to see, being the cat I was, I eavesdropped. But there was nothing there to hear. I flinched at the silence. Maybe they heard me coming.

Maybe she was dying! Maybe they were aliens. Maybe they were unicorns and flying to La-La land. Maybe they were vampired plotting a massacre. Maybe they were smurfs. Oh my God! Don't let them be Damon and Stefan.

I started panting. But I had to do something. I had to save the world. The world from vampires. Maybe a shape-shifter could help me. I saw another presence coming near.

Quinn.

I sushed him as I called him near.

As he neared, I whispered and directed him to come near. "Shh, they are vampires from another planet planning an abduction. We need help."

He looked at me strangely at first and then he reported in a business-like voice, "Maybe we can get help."

"But we need shape-shifters. A werewolf bite can kill a vampire. Do you know a werewolf?"

"Yes I do." He answered in the same monotonous voice.

"Who?" I asked frantically.

"I have to tell you something, Rain." He was starting to scare me.

I waited and waited and the next five words beat the living daylights out of me.

"I am a werewolf, Rain."

----

--END OF CHAPTER EIGHT--

HOPE YOU LIKE!

For DianeAnn for being so great!

Anyway sorry I couldn't update yesterday :(

Love you x

-

Instagram- whoisriddhijain