Chapter 4. Trust.

Start from the beginning

I slowly opened my eyes. Sure enough, Father was standing beside my bed. Relief flashed across his face. I can easily read his expression. I don’t know how I can do it. I just can.

“F-Father…” I said. My voice was hoarse and it was dry.

My eyes widened as I remembered someone.

Sasuke!

Is he okay?! He didn’t die, right?! No. I will never accept that thing to happen!

My chest started to hurt and I started to gasp for breath.

“Is Sasuke al..right?! Where is he?”

My father rested his hand on my forehead as I felt myself relax as something cold spread through me.

It’s one of his jutsu.

“Relax. Relieve yourself from bad memories for now.” He commanded.

A doctor came in and checked up on me. Checking my vitals for normal signs until he said it was okay to remove the oxygen mask. I learned that I had some sort of heart illness because of the wound inflicted to me of what happened last night. What I did to stop the kunai from running through my chest helped but it still reached a good millimeter of my chest that got critical. They had done a surgery for now to compromise for it getting worst.

"What are you doing here, Father? I thought you'll still be away for a good two days?" I asked, looking at him.

"You've been unconscious for 2 weeks." He answered, but he didn’t look at me. He sighed. Probably because he knew I can read that he was worried.

"What about Sasuke? Is he.. Is he okay?”

"Yes. He was released in the hospital last week."  

“Father.. There was someone else that night.. It wasn’t Itachi-nii who tried to kill me..” I trailed off. Saying Itachi-nii’s name felt so foreign to me. Why am I feeling this? Why am I full of doubts about him now?

"I know." My head snapped to my father’s direction.

“You know? How?” I asked.

“I just know it. And you know him well. It’s up to you to judge if he really wanted to do it or not. If he did it or not.” He said and he stood up. ”I will go now. I still have a Mission to finish. Don’t ever worry me like that again, Nana.” He said as he disappeared in a puff of smoke.

I smiled at myself. “Thanks for worrying, Papa.”

I think I will be discharged much sooner from here. The doctor said I just need to recover my strength and I will be okay to go. It may take two or three days more. Ughh. Spending the night inside the hospital just creeps me out. It’s so silent inside the building. The usual sound is when nurses pass by in the corridor. The usual tapping of their feet to the floor. It was 11 in the evening and visiting hours is over. I stared at the ceiling, willing myself to go sleep. My left hand is still wrapped in bandages. A few minutes later I drifted off to a dreamless sleep.

"You sure she already woke up? What if she’s still in a coma or something?" A voice woke me up and someone started poking my cheeks. I stirred pushing whatever is poking my cheeks away.

“Go away.” I groaned. “I’m trying to sleep here.”

"Goodmorning Nami-chan!" A familiar voice greeted and I tried to remember whoever person owns that voice. I heard it befor—Naruto!

I bolted up and surprised them. But they surprised me back. The whole gang is here. My friends are all here.

Shikamaru was beside me(my left side), holding out a basket of fruits, followed by Chouji who was always eating, then Ino with a flower.