Everything was blue

It was now lunch, the guys and I took our regular spot on a six seater table in the middle of the cafeteria. 

''Hey bitchessss'' our friend Brendon said, a little too loudly, drawing attention to us and then sitting down. Everybody muttered their hellos and carried on eating. ''This is boring, what's up with you guys?'' Brendon spoke, throwing his water bottle half way across the cafeteria and into the bin, a skill he's perfected over the years. I believe that every person is born with talent, some people can sing, some can act, some are really good at math or science. I guess Brendon's talent is his amazing aim, simple, but comes in handy when you're too lazy to get up and walk to the bin yourself. 

''Well...'' Jack started ''Don't say it'' I warned him, shooting him daggers from my eyes. I knew that if he told Brendon, Brendon would eventually tell the whole school about me and Jack's little bet. ''Alex is going to try befriend and even date Aubrey Jacobs'' Jack blurted out, shortly realising what he just said. ''What???'' Brendon shouted, yet again drawing unneeded and certainly unwanted attention to our table. 

That was it, I had enough. I climbed passed Brendon and Rian who were sitting on my side of the table and stormed off, flipping Jack off from behind. Don't get me wrong, I love Jack. But he can be such an asshole it's unbelievable. I felt the glares of the students in the lunch line as I angrily walked passed, pushing several younger students out of my way while doing it, even knocking one over.

''Alex, detention!'' Mr Lloyd, the lunch monitor shouted, helping the kid I pushed over up. Just my luck. ''Great'' I mumbled, rolling my eyes and making my way to my next class. Which was another lesson of History, with Jack, oh yeah and don't forget, Aubrey.

Once school finished, I walked down into the detention hall and sat in the back with my headphones in my ears. I sang along quietly to Gasoline by Halsey. ''Nice singing, Gaskarth'' I heard a familiar voice say as I took my earphones out and looked up. There she was, Aubrey Alison Jacobs, leaning on my desk and staring at me. I couldn't tell if she was being serious when she said she liked my vocals, or if she was just pissing about, as usual.

She took the seat next to me and stared at me. ''Why are you staring at me'' I whispered, trying not to catch the attention of Mr Holl who was running today's detentions. ''Well I thought you'd be happier to see me as you've been practically begging for me to speak to you all day'' She scoffed and stared at me again ''Well, I thought you were having trouble in History, and we are top set. So I was only being civil, but sorry. I forget that you 'rule' the school and everybody must bow down to you'' I almost shouted, earning a glare from Mr Holl. Aubrey looked a little bit offended with what I just said and looked down to her desk. 

''So Halsey, huh?'' She said quietly, mentioning my song choice from earlier. At that point I was questioning why she was talking to me. ''Yeah'' I muttered. ''Colours is my favourite'' she spoke happily, snatching my phone from my hand and playing it. While taking one of my earphones and placing it in her ear. By the time we'd basically listened to all of badlands together, detention was over and I picked up my bag to leave when I felt a hand on my wrist.

''You're not that bad after all, Gaskarth, but don't tell anyone I said that'' she smirked, as our eyes met. ''My names Alex, by the way'' I said, correcting her. ''Yeah, I know, but Alex is too boring'' she winked, leaving the room and leaving me dumbfounded in the middle of the hall.