(1) The Lucky Flannel

The Lucky Flannel

"Mneahhhh....." You moaned, rolling around on Mark's bed. He had been gone for a week, having gone to Ohio when a family emergency came up. You, being a loving girlfriend, missed him, so you spent most of your week in his house, bored and uploading some prerecorded videos like he asked you.

Now, though, you were twisting around on his bed, having slept in it so much his relaxing scent began to wear off. You even tried to put your head at the foot of his bed or under his pillow, but nothing worked. It was as good as gone.

An idea crept into your mind...didn't you see his lucky flannel in his closet? Grinning, you stopped rolling around- Too close to the edge. You fell off the bed with a thud and an oof, hitting your hand on the bedside table. After picking yourself up, you grabbed the flannel and swiftly pulled it on your arms. "Somebody left in a hurry...lucky for me," You muttered, pulling it around you tighter and breathing in deep.

You skipped around the house happily, stopping to look at yourself in every reflective surface. You even started dancing a little bit to an imaginary tune when you heard the door open and bags drop. Instantly you stopped, turning to face Mark. He was covering his smile with one hand, looking at you like you were a box of puppies. You turned a deep shade of red, looking down and realizing the flannel covered most of the shorts you were wearing.

"Oh..." You started, pulling the ends of the flannel down to cover yourself. "Uh...everything okay on the home front?"

Mark shut the door and picked you up. You shrieked when he spun you around once, twice, three times before putting you back down. "Yeah, but I missed you." He looked you up and down. "I'm taking it you missed me, too."

Gasping, you widened your eyes and pushed away from him, remembering your exposed legs. "Gotta go!" You yelled, running up the stairs.

"What? Why?"

"I don't care if I'm at home! I need pants!"