And she didn't like the feeling not ever knowing.

*

*

*

Breakfast, for them ended up being the most awkward part of the morning. When Zayn had awakened this morning, she wondered what Harry might think. If he was maybe thinking about what happened between them last night too.

As long as they were at the cabin, in the tub or doing things that didn't require being face to face with each other for more than a few seconds, she was okay. They talked but hardly looked at the other because they were busy doing other things. Even in the truck on the way to the restaurant, they were facing the front and didn't need to look directly at each other to have a conversation.

But now that they were sitting here across from each other, all alone in a booth and no longer able to bury their faces behind a menu or excuse, she was not able to escape everything she was worried about. She was like a teenager who finally had her first real crush and to anyone else it'd be cute. But it was not cute to her. She just wanted to get this over with.

When they were waiting for their food, Harry kept winking over his coffee at her and it made her smile really hard at first. But it was difficult not to be nervous, knowing that the person across from her held her innocence now. So right after she would smile, she would look away with embarrassment and she would deliberately fumble with the silverware wrapped in the napkin just to give herself something to do.

They waited about fifteen minutes for their breakfast to be cooked and brought to them and after eating a short while, Harry smiled in her direction again. "How's the food, Z?"

She shrugged but wouldn't look him in the eye. "It's good. But why does it seem like whenever you go out to eat, that food tastes better than food you cooked yourself?"

"I don't know. But that's mostly true."

"Yeah. So how's yours?"

"It's great. Not gonna lie though. Sometimes when I think about the mountains, I have a tendency to think I can't find good a restaurant there. But that's obviously not true since we're eating at one."

"Yeah."

Harry sighed. "So... I guess when we get back to the cabin, I'll start washing and drying the sheets and pillowcases and after you make the bed, we'll go for that walk, yeah?"

"That'd be awesome."

But he could hear in her voice that something was wrong. And though she hadn't known he knew the reason for that, he knew.

She was looking down in her plate when out of the corner of her eye, she saw his plate and coffee mug being pushed over to her side next to her plate and mug.

"Scoot all the way over." He told her and when she did, he got up and sat down next to her.

"I usually don't show this kind of public displays of affection, especially when eating, but come here." He pulled her to him, and he kissed her tenderly. No tongue. Just lips against lips.

"What was that for?" She asked.

"It's okay." He told her softly. "They don't know a thing we did. It's just me and you and that's all it's supposed to be. It's okay."

She looked down at her lap. "I'm sorry. I just feel a little bit... weird in public."

He put his arm around her waist and onto her thigh farthest from him. "I know. I can tell you do. But you don't have to worry about them because they don't know. And all the people you think are looking at you, they're probably looking at you because you're so damn beautiful and they can't help it. Because it's definitely not because of that."