Chapter Fifteen | Recovering

Depuis le début

I look into her eyes and I repeat everything that she has told me. She's right, everything she said was right and I needed to hear it. "What if she won't take me in like she did before?" I ask.

"She will, I know she will. After what you've been through together, I know she wouldn't have given up on you so easily. And you should do the same. It's time for you to move on, and put things back to the way they used to be and it will take some time." Christen explains.

"I just don't want to mess things up again, I don't want to make things any worse then they already are. I miss having Alex around and I miss having her as my best friend. I wish these kind of things would be easier, you know? I wish situations like these weren't so complicated. I wish that I wasn't so attached to my best friend, but I am. Because she's different from most people I've met in my life." I tell Christen.

"What makes her so different Tobin? Is it the way she treats you, the type of feeling you get when you're around her? What is it?" Christen asks me.

"She treats me better then I deserved to be. In high school she would always smile at me in the halls and her smile saved me because it made me feel like everything was going to be okay, that perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel. She stood up for me because she knew I couldn't do it myself. When I was around her, she for some reason I felt safe, I felt like know would could hurt me because she was always there to defend me. She saved me because she knew I wasn't strong enough to save myself. She did all these things know else has ever done. She chose to be my friend, and I don't think she knows how thankful I am for everything she has done for me. I don't think she knows how much she really means to me and how much she really changed my life. And I just want to go up to her, and tell her all of that." I say as I wipe away tears that have formed in my eyes.

"You're getting me emotional here too." Christen says as she also wipes tears from her own eyes. "Go be her friend again, it's going to be hard. But it's totally worth it, right? She's worth fighting for isn't she?"  I just nod my head at Christen and smile up at her. "Enough counseling for now, we made the soccer team and I think some deep dish pizza is good for celebrating."

"I think pizza sounds pretty awesome right now." I say as I pat my stomach, making Christen laugh. "Now, let's get to it."

----------

ALEX'S POV

I spent the day alone in the dorm room, because Kelley went back to classes. After all she missed two days because of me and I really do feel bad. I laid in bed basically the whole day, unable to do anything, I couldn't even talk to anyone because I had no one to talk too. I felt so alone, I didn't know what to do. At least two times today I had my phone in my hand and my thumb would float over Tobin's number. I miss her and I wanted to talk to her but the thing is, I didn't know how. I didn't know how to start a conversation with someone I haven't talked to in months. And it kills me because we used to talk to each other so easily. We would have conversations that would go on forever, and I was just so comfortable with her.

I let out a sigh as I keep refreshing my Twitter, waiting for anyone to tweet something. I've liked all the tweets on my feed and I've never been so bored in my life. I can't really watch TV because it makes me have a pounding headache. I can't go get myself food because one, I'm to lazy. And two, because my head hurts like crazy.

Just today, I finished two John Green books, and they were the only two books that I brought with me because they are my favorite books. I didn't enjoy them that much because I probably read both of them a thousand times.

Even though I felt more annoying then ever, I called Amy for the one hundredth time, and I let out another sigh when she didn't answer. I then call Lauren for the millionth time and just as I was about to end the call at the third ring, she answers.