"B-but b-but why?" I stutter, confused.

"They decided last minute...they didn't want her growing up confused by her identity"

"What about the media, what would they sa-"

"Fuck the media" we both turned around, to find somebody else standing with us in the empty hallway.

David.

He looked emotionally and physically drained, his eyes were hollowed out by dark bags and his skin flushed. His hair was hidden under a beanie and his hands shook at his sides. I wasn't a cup of tea either, but I didn't expect him to look dead.

"David I-"

"Don't" he clenched his fist "Please don't talk because I really want to punch you in the face right now but I won't so please shut up and hear what I got to say"

Ashton shifted slightly in front of me, David only eyeing me. I nodded, letting him continue.

"Frankie and I talked about it a few days ago before her contractions started, and yeah I was a little upset when she told me" he stopped "Actually I was livid to the point where I put my fists through the wall that separated the living room, but when I calmed down I realized if I gave Ava my last name I would be stealing a part of her. She's not even mine but I loved her way before she came out and I wanted to make sure she had the life she deserves, so we told our management. They didn't agree at first but you can't really say no to a hormonal pregnant lady who had a temper of a rodeo bull. So fuck what anyone has to say, the world will know in a couple of house. They'll know she's yours."

And just like that he left going down the corridor and disappearing around the corner.

the next morning //

I fell asleep in the waiting room, right beside the fish tank the next thing I knew I felt someone gently shaking me awake.

"Michael" they said softly. "Michael get up, Frankie want's to talk to you"

My eyes fluttered open only to find Casey looking down at me. I struggled to get to my feet, she guided me so I wouldn't fall over and knock the fish tank down.

"Rough night?" she giggled as soon as I regained my balance.

I just smiled, "Frankie wanted to see me?"

"Yeah she's in her room, why don't you go and see her I'll wait here with your fishy friends"

I nodded, rubbing my eyes as I made my way to her room.

I slowly pushed the door open, breathing in the heavy air and wiping my hand on the back of my jeans. Her room was dark, the now open door letting in the light the shined on her pale face. She had wires hooked on both of her arms her hair rolled up into a bun, her eyes looked paler, lined with black and blue and her lips cracked, but still she manged to take my breath away.

"Hey" I whispered creeping up to her side as she let out a weak smile. She rubbed my arm weakly, electricity shook through my veins making the tiny hairs on my body stand up.

"It's good to see you" she spoke quietly, it was odd to see her this way she usually was the fire in the room but her flame was going out. "Did-did David speak to you?"

She held my hand suddenly but I let her, resting both of our hands on my thigh. "Yeah...it really does mean a lot to mean Franks...thank you"

She smiled, closing her eyes but her hand still firmly intertwined with mine.
"Did you...get to see...her...yet?"

I nodded, my smile plastered from ear to ear
"She's beautiful Franks"

"You're....going...... to be a.....great dad" her breathing got heavier and slower making my heart race with anxiety.

typical love story // mgcOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara