32. London; Day 3

Start from the beginning

"Kim, I don't find any interesting stuffs here. Can we look at another store?" Pie broke my reverie. There she was; telling me that we were about to move to the other stores. Well listen here everybody, perhaps we're going to be here in this market for the whole day.

*****************************************************************************

"Kim, are you alright?" Pie came to my side and scrutinized my face briefly. She brought a hand to my face and gazed directly into my eyes. Have I ever told her that I love her dark coffee eyes? It felt like whenever I gazed into those eyes, I was being swallowed into a deep dark hole. No, it wasn't scary at all. It took me to the other world where all I could see and hear was her.

"You're sweating a lot." She said and at the same time, taking out a handkerchief from her purse. Without any words, she wiped off the trickling sweat on my forehead and all over my face. I knew it; she has and always cares about me. People said, actions speak louder than words and here she was, showing me how she actually concerned about me.

"Shall we take some rest first?" She asked. Finally! I thought she didn't know how to stop. I was freaking exhausted while she seemed to be endlessly energetic. Where did she get the strength to stroll all over this huge market for almost half of the day? It was such a shame on me because I did underestimate her short legs. They were mightier than they seemed.

"Yes." I nodded ardently. A short sigh escaped from lips. There are too many people here plus it was quite confusing with all loud music and voices of people bargained about the stuffs they were about to purchase. I wonder how Pie didn't seem to get affected by it. She looked completely fine.

"Oh I'm sorry." Pie squeezed my cheeks playfully and then laughed after somewhat seeing my reaction. "Do you want some refreshment?" Pie queried and quickly averted my eyes to her in startled. Does it mean I will get a kiss? I felt warm all of sudden.

Before I could utter any words to her, Pie already reached out her hand to me. A loud sickening smack landed on my head. "Don't give me that pervert look!" Pie warned. "What did I mean was do you want to have a drink?" She rephrased her say.

"Sure." I stuttered, unsure of how to react to it. Am I being too perverted and dirty minded that all I could think was kissing Pie? God! This was intense. I should probably control myself and the hormones.

"Let's have a seat there." Pie pointed to the ingeniously converted scooters. It was kind of rare to see that people use them as the place where you could actually sit while having your meals but it was one of an intelligent attraction for tourist too.

"Are you sure you can handle it?" I managed to grab Pie's wrist before she went away.

Pie turned her head to my direction. "If I'd lost somewhere around here, wouldn't you find and look after me?" She queried.

"I will always find you." I heard myself whispering. Pie nodded her head as if she heard me and just by a swift move, my grip slowly slipped away from her wrist.

*******

I grew anxious with every ticking second that passed. It has been 15 minutes since Pie left and I had several times cursed myself for letting her go on her own. I shouldn't do that. I should never agree with it either. Damn you Kim. What was with the 'I will always find you?' Do you think it was a fairytale play where a Prince Charming convinced his Princess that he will find a way to reach his lover? This is reality. Could you bear it if Pie went missing or being kidnap? Shoo away that thought! It was impossible if Pie got kidnapped.

"Where are you Pie?" I squirmed in my own seat, wandering my eyes around to spot her petite figure. To my disappointment, I found none.