27. Goodbye Kim

"I'm not expecting to see you here." There's no other person in the house except Kim who came to break her reverie. The tom caught her to be there; by the pool when they already said their good night about thirty minutes ago.

"What are you doing? Don't you know that you might catch a cold for staying too long here?" The tom spoke again before Pie could feel the letter settled down next to her.

"I thought you have gone to bed." Pie said without removing her gaze from the still water. The good lighting made the water looked so blue yet so refreshing.

"I am about to but I need to see you." Kim replied.

Pie slowly turned her sight to the tom; seemed indifferent but her expression was full of wonder. "What can I help?" The girl asked.

"No." Kim shook her head. "I don't need your help." The tom said. "I'm just going to show you this." Pie saw Kim took out a piece of paper from her back.

Kim beckoned her to take the paper and she did. After a brief second of observing, Pie finally realized it was a bank statement about all payment she ought to receive from the tom.

"A month had passed." Kim told her. "As it has been dealt, you have those entire amounts in your account."

"A month." Pie found herself repeating the count. She wasn't aware that much of how many days had passed. She had stop counting that even the counting board was left untouched.

"Tomorrow would be the first day of the second month we live together." Kim said. Pie locked her eyes to the tom, waiting patiently for the next words. "Thank you for staying." The tom smiled.

"I should thank you too." Pie returned the smile. "Thank you for your patience and endurance to all my stubbornness." The girl laughed upon her say.

"What are you going to do with that sum of money?" Kim asked her out of sudden.

Pie went silent. Why she didn't think about it since the first day they made the deal? To tell the truth, she has not yet decided about the fate of the large amount reward. "I don't know." The girl shrugged innocently. "One thing that I am so certain, I'll use it to support my sister until she graduated." She told the tom.

"Come on Pie." The girl heard the tom hissed. "You are going to spend it until it is gone. You need to do something with it." Kim said.

"What?" Pie asked, bewildered.

"You can invest it or start your own business. The amount will grow and you will have an ample support for the rest of your life." Kim suggested.

Pie shot the tom a look and then she pouted with sour expression written all over her face. Kim stared to the girl in confusion. What did she do wrong?

"Kim, I'm not even finished my school. How do you expect me to be that brilliant and have a wise thought like yours?" Pie scowled. "I am not well educated as you. How do you expect me to handle a business or invest it over something? I know nothing." The girl added. Only then, Kim remembered about Pie's background. The first time she met the girl, all she thought; Pie was telling everybody a lie. However, it was the real truth.

"Okay. I'm sorry." Kim giggled. "You know Pie? It is never too late to learn. I'll help you." Again, Pie knew it was a sincere will.

"Believe me; I can help you." Kim assured it. If she was going to flash back all the things that Kim has ever said to her, this 'BELIEVE' thing made her sick. 'BELIEVE' was sort of magical word which can give you strength and weakened you at the same time. 'BELIEVE' is the hope that can take you to the farthest point which you thought you could never reach likewise 'BELIEVE' would cost you a price of the risk of being betrayed.