Thirty Six - Mate

Start from the beginning

"There was a werewolf, in a similar condition like you. She was bitten by a vampire only couple of miles from her pack but was unable to survive. You know why? Because her body rejected the vampire fluids. It was like venom which killed her slowly and painfully. Her mate died only a week after that."

"Don't you see that the bond you share with Daniel can only make you care for him? You can never love him. You will never love him because of the hatred you have for him in your heart. You can never get over that. It is pretty obvious you can never claim to love him for what he did to you, then what excuse will you make? That you are in love with him because of your mating bond which is mostly non existence? Your hatred for him only weakens the bond." He spat the last part.

"But then is my son who loves you. Who really loves you for who you are and not because of any bond? His love might have started on the foundation of supposed mating bond but he had built it so much with his feelings that it is real for him now." He started me with his revelation.

Daniel loves me...

"Tell me, do you love him?" He asked me abruptly. "Do you love my son? Forget this whole mating thing for a second and tell me for real. Do you love Daniel for who he is? Even if the weak mating bond between you two didn't exist, would you have loved him?"

He bombarded me with questions and millions of thoughts were in my mind beyond attainable velocity. It was like my mind was in total chaos after all the revelations.

I am not Daniel's mate.

Is this going to be same as it did for my mom and dad? Is our future going to be same? Will he leave me for someone at the end?

Dad left mom for Dave's mom. I don't remember many things but he was definitely very happy with her.

"What was my mom's name?" I asked Wayne.

He was not expecting a question from me but answer to his questions. And I was not in a state to answer him. But this was one thing that always raised my curiosity. What was my mother's name? I never heard her name.

He stared at me for a couple of seconds with piercing blue eyes.

"Gabriella," he answered in a low voice.

I just nodded my head. The name sounded so new to me. So strange, couldn't even recognize my own mother's name.

I rubbed my face with palms of my hands trying to think everything clearly.

My plan practically failed. And the biggest flaw in my plan- lack of knowledge. I didn't know many things. My knowledge was limited. That's why they always say to listen o elders. I should have consulted one.

Then it hit me. My eyes widened in realization. Wayne was Alpha of this pack, very intelligent Alpha.