36

"Hey Mom - Hey Dad!" I call out, as I arrive home with Natasha and Alex.

"Jess!" Beth runs to me and gives me a baby bear hug. "Hey Bunny!"

"How was your interview?" she asked. "I don't know, but I hope I did well."

"I will pray for you then, like I always do." she adds. "Thanks Bunny. Where's Mom and Dad?"

"They went to the Market to pick up some stuff." I nod my head, and she heads back to her cartoons, in her room.

"So I guess, the only thing I have to do is wait."

"You are correct, my friend, now relax. You look tense." Natasha says.

"Fine." I reply, and head off to my room with her, while Alex watches the game in his room.

I held the door for Natasha then closed. I was about to start speaking when her phone rang, she signaled me to wait and that's exactly what I did.

"Hey Mom!" she answers her phone cheerfully. But her face goes from Happy, to Sad and Worried. "Mom?"

Her eyes widened and starts to fill up in tears, then she turns off her phone. I get up from my chair and kneel down next to her. As she sobs, "Natasha what happened? What did she say?" I asked. She looked up at me.

"She didn't say anything directly to me. She must have called me by accident.... So I overheard her talking to my Dad and -" she stops for a moment. "And what?" I ask calmly and patiently.

"They're getting divorced."

____________________

TO BE CONTINUED....