CHAPTER 26

LANGRID

Xyr sisters were dancing around the room on the soft, hairy carpet, until Poppy tripped. "Poop." Lisa said. 

"Dude, no-one here cares if you just say shit." Langrid rolled xyr eyes. 

Lisa flushed red. "I DO!"

"Oh, my apologies, Your Majesty." xe grumbled, turning the page in xyr book.

"Poppy, you alright?" she ignored her sibling's comment, helping her twin up as she nodded.

"You sure?" Langrid confirmed, patting the spot next to her on the bunk. 

They'd managed to get just the three of them in Apollo cabin, and the twins had very, very different ways of getting used to places to Langrid. 

"Buy any new music?" xe asked xyr sister. 

Poppy nodded, pulling her iPhone out and going into music. 

"Nice..." Langrid tried not to gag as she saw the rows of Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.

But she knew Poppy needed the support. 

'I have more' she used sign-language to say. 'I just left it on my laptop'

"That's fine."

'You hate my music. I can tell.'

"You discovered my secret." Langrid grinned, softly punching her arm.

'It was so hard.'Detecting sarcasm in sign-language is an art Langrid had mastered.

"They're not all that bad. Just not my style." xe pulled out xyr own phone, showing off the rock songs.

'Okay, but yours does suck.' Poppy grinned. 

The stick of a girl Lisa was still shaking the very little of a skinny ass she had. 

"Do you want some tunes?" Langrid asked.

"Not if it's yours." Lisa retorted, which offended xim. 

"No, actually. I meant Poppy's. I was gonna play basketball." xe replied, standing up. 

"Of course."  Lisa rolled her eyes.

Langrid stood up and swung a fist, punching xyr sister right smack-bang in the middle of her cheek.

"OH MY GOSH YOU DID NOT JUST..." Lisa realised how much stronger Langrid was than her and shut her mouth angrily. Poppy was half smiling, half shocked. 

'Good job. That takes bravery.' Poppy signed.

"Thanks?" Langrid walked out the door and to the basketball court. 

When xe got there, there was already some people there. One (xe him recognised from Apollo cabin) was Angus. There was also girl, his girlfriend, then there was Will Solace and Nico di Angelo. 

"Can I play?" Langrid asked.

"YES!" Nico yelled, dropping the ball and getting off court. 

"He's been waiting for an excuse to stop playing since he started." the girl explained. "I'm Caity."

"Langrid." xe replied.

"Xe's a child of Apollo." Angus said, picking the ball up.

"Seriously?" Caity complained. "So I'm the only girl, and the only child of someone other than Apollo?" 

"Yeah, pretty much." Langrid replied. "So?"

"It's not that I have a problem." she replied. 

"Alright, do you wanna do two-on-two?" Will asked as Angus shot some hoops. 

"Sure." Langrid replied. 

"So who do you want to go with?" Caity asked. 

"I'll go with you." xe replied. "Boys versus... Other. Plus, it gives me a chance to get to know someone from another cabin."

"Alright." she said. "Boys versus other it is."