CHAPTER 2

PERCY 

He fell to his knees. Not a sound came out of anyone in the room. 

What Nico said didn't mention what he'd done. It didn't explain it. It didn't do anything Percy wanted it to. It didn't even prove Nico to be in the right place. 

What it did do, though, was show that Nico didn't mean to do it. 

If you're unaware, years before the battle between the Greeks and Romans, when percy was only 14 and Nico was 10, Nico had a sister. 12 year Bianca di Angelo devoted her life into keeping Nico safe and happy ever since their mother died. But it can be hard work, taking your mother's place at a young age. Bianca needed a retreat; the Hunters of Artemis. These hunters can't die of natural causes. They can only die in war. But Bianca wasn't in it for that. She wanted the other prize: Brother Free Eternity. The Hunters of Artemis is a gang of only girls, and to join, you must pledge to maidenhood. Bianca basically deserted all family to join some arrow-shooting chicks lead by a goddess. But, on a quest, she stole something. Something for Nico. Something from a well-guarded grave-yard, and had to fight the guardian. But Percy had an idea to kill the thing, being an automaton. To get inside it and control it from there. He planned to do it herself, but Bianca wouldn't let him. She went in. She killed the thing. She died in the process. And ever since, Nico has never been sadder.

This is relevant because Percy gave her the idea to do it. That idea killed her. Percy un-intentionally killed off the most important person in Nico's life. So, Percy though, Does that mean Annabeth's... He couldn't even manage to finish the sentence. The love of his life could be in the Underworld. 

"N-Nico..." he spluttered out. "Did you feel her soul go to the Underworld?"

"No..."Nico replied before Will chipped in.

"But she is in a coma. Look, Percy, I'm sorry about your girlfriend. But Nico didn't mean to do it."

"Make him swear." Piper said. She'd been quiet, so quiet Percy forgot she was there. "Make sure it was accidental."

"I swear it on the River Styx, I didn't mean to hurt Annabeth, honest." Nico said, exasperated. 

"Then who did it?" Piper asked. As if on cue, Nico's eyes turned gold. He stood up with better posture than he ever has, and his arms went straight down his sides.

"I did." Nico said in a raspy, very un-Nico voice. 

Everyone in the room gasped.

Percy knew exactly what happened, but he certainly had no clue why. 

"The Eidolons are back." Piper muttered.