CHAPTER 17

LEO

One week. Leo had been renting out that apartment in New Rome for one week, and it was a pig-sty already. The walls were once white... Until he came in, frolicking around, and now you can barely tell what colour they are. 

Someone rapped on the door, so Leo paused his movie, quickly got some pants on, and ran to answer it. "Hello?" he asked, poking his head out. 

"Hey." Calypso replied. 

"Oh my gods, Calypso! What a great surprise!" he wiped pizza crumbs off his shirt. 

"Leo... I was coming to congratulate you on moving in, but... This place is already disgusting. I'm not sure I wanna come in." 

"C'mon, Sunshine. If you help me clean it up, we could share the place. Wouldn't that be nice?"

"You just want someone to share your rent with, don't you?"

"Partially."

"Fine, you bloody Valdez." 

They both grinned, there eyes in-line. 

"You're almost as tall as me." Calypso teased.

"Shut up."

Calypso walked inside, looking at the place. "This'll take quite some cleaning." 

"I ordered pizza." Leo explained before a burnt slice of meat-lovers falls off the roof. "And experimented with fire." he added. 

"Anything else I should know about?" Calypso asked, clearing up some trash; some jocks, dirty tissues, empty packet of M&Ms... Basically a whole lot of shit. (Not actual shit. That would be too gross for her to touch.)

"Um... Yes. I also tried to make pancakes. That should explain the ashes." he told her. 

"Leo, you really are... Different." 

"Why thank you." he said in a 'ladies man' kind of voice, cleaning off a mirror and checking himself out. 

"I'm not sure whether or not I'm glad that you're not offended." Calypso laughed. 

"Well you should be." Leo grinned. "I put effort into being different."

Calypso walked over to him and pecked his cheek. "Do you wanna listen to music?" she asked, and he replied by walking over to his computer and turning on 'Teenagers' by My Chemical Romance, and sang along with it into a spoon that was once used for something sticky, and so is know covered in hair. Calypso laughed her head off. 

"Teenagers scare the living shit outta me!" Leo sang, extremely out of tune, extremely loud. "They could care less as long as someone'll bleed. So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose. Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me!" 

"Valdez, remember how I said you're different? Yeah, I'd like to remind you about that." 

"THEY SAY TEENAGERS SCARE THE LIVING SHIT OUTTA ME!" Leo put the spoon in the dishwasher, but kept dancing. 

Calypso turned the music down and started to clean up the counter. "They couldn't care less as long as someone'll bleed." she sang with the music and her partner. Leo was thinking about how it will be like when they're married... Doing this every day, hopefully. Minus the cleaning. Singing to alternative rock, dancing like lunatics, working together... It may not seem that impressive, but it sounded like an amazing future to him. 

After around 7 hours, the apartment looked somewhat acceptable. The dishes were all clean and away, the couch was less stained, the walls weren't absolutely covered in food, the floor had been vacuumed and swept, the windows washed so you could see outside again. Everything looked only a bit worse than it had when he first bought the apartment. 

They were just finishing making the bed together, all the sheets were absolutely perfect after Calypso smoothed them out. Then Leo jumped onto the left side of the double-bed back-down, messing it up. 

"Ugh, you bloody Valdez." Calypso grinned, sliding on next to him. She tapped his nose and said "You really are a handful."

"A handful of chocolate?" he asked with a demeanour of delight, humour and absolute exhaustion. "I like chocolate." 

"No, you dolt." she giggled, then sighing. "You got a nice apartment. I'd assume you'd be broke."

"You watched me forging weapons and jewellery and other assorted shit, then selling it all."

"True."

They lay there, silent, and could almost hear music playing... Those sweet, romantic songs, not the kind that was blasting earlier. 

"Calypso, I have a question."

"What's that?"

"How long do you want to stay with me?"

His partner sighed for the millionth time. "Until I die."

"But... You're immortal."

"Exactly." Calypso and Leo turned to look at each-other at the same time. "Leo, you broke the laws of the gods to save me. I will do the same for you when you die again. I will make my way to the Underworld. I will force my way to Elysium. I will find you, and I will save you."

"How do you know I'm going to Elysium?" he asked. 

Calypso answered by pushing her head forward into his lips, kissing them tenderly. Their arms and heart were both inter-twined, and time started getting more complicated than it was on Ogygia. 

Leo kept his deal; she helped him clean, so she got to sleep there. And there was only one bed.