hangover

Dana had gone through plenty of hangovers, but that never really got better with time. She woke up with her head pounding and cursing the chirping birds outside. Snuggling deeper into her blankets, she blocked her ears and screamed internally. Ugh, why do I always do this? I'll never drink again. But of course, Dana knew she would drink again. And everything would reproduce itself. The hangover cycle.

She groaned at the hunger pangs in her stomach and debated whether or not dying of hunger was worth a few extra hours of sleep. Deciding against death, she blindly put on her comfiest outfit and a pair of sunglasses before painfully exiting her dorm.

The cafeteria was filled with students at this hour, since 10 am classes would start soon. Dana ignored her migraine and bought herself some cereal. She had always liked cornflakes after a hangover.

Just as she was about to sit down to eat, Dana was stopped by a hand on her shoulder. Jumping a little, she turned around and saw Mulder. A blush crept across her face, embarrassment about the previous night showing itself.

"Oh hey, Mulder," she muttered.  Speaking normally made her head hurt worse than usual. He sat down next to her and placed his soft boiled egg in front of him.

"Hey, Sculls. Had fun last night?" He asked, barely hiding his sarcastic smirk. Dana would have hit him on the arm if she had the energy.

"Ugh, shut up." She groaned, digging into the cereal. Mulder tapped his egg with a spoon and cut off the top. They sat in companionable silence for the remaining twenty or so minutes of morning break before Mulder started cleaning up.

"I have a class now, what about you?" He asked, picking up his used napkin and crumpling it up. Dana shook her head.

"No, I have a free period now. Thankfully," she answered, rubbing her forehead soothingly. Mulder nodded and patted her shoulder lightly.

"Well, I'll see you around lunch, then. How's that sound?" He suggested, balancing his plate on his forearm. Dana have a small smile to indicate agreement and Mulder left with another small pat on her shoulder. Dana yawned and continued to eat her cereal, slightly more awake than before.

———

When lunch rolled around, Dana was ready to sleep forever. Biology class isn't the greatest when you have a hangover, especially when your teacher points it out. Putting that thought aside, Dana trudged through the crowd of hungry students toward the athletics hall, where she knew Mulder must be finishing his PE class. Now that it was the second semester, they didn't have that class together anymore. Dana didn't mind, she didn't really want him seeing her sweaty anyway.

She waited outside the changing rooms, picking at her carefully manicured nails. For some reason, Dana always needed her nails to look nice. Probably because of that one ingrown nail she had when she was little. She shuddered and stopped picking at her nails.

Mulder came through the door, looking slightly sweaty but still nerdy as ever. Surprised to see her there, he gave a look of surprise when he noticed Dana.

"Oh, hey Scully." He greeted, running a hand through his damp hair. Dana stood up and they began walking towards a small patch of grass that a few students hung out on. "How was bio?" Mulder asked, a slightly concerned undertone hidden in his words. Dana groaned.

"Let's see, embarrassing, boring, tiring and just ugh." She answered, gesticulating with her hands. Mulder gave a cheeky smile.

"Just like every conversation I have with you," he quipped. Dana shoved him lightly, too tired to banter. They reached the small patch of greenery and sat apart from the rest of the students.

"So, what were you even doing last night when I bumped into you?" Dana asked, raking her fuzzy memory. Mulder's face fell a little, but his facade quickly rebuilt.

"Just a bad dream," he answered. Dana felt like there was more to it, but she didn't push.

"Okay," she murmured, observing the scenery with tired eyes. She could feel Mulder tapping a rhythmic pattern into the ground with his fingers. She recognised the beat, but she couldn't put her finger on it. "Whatcha doing there, Moldy?" She asked. Mulder snapped back to reality, stopping the tapping.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" He asked. Dana pointed at his finger. He thought for a second. "Oh, was I doing that annoying tapping thing?" He asked, seemingly annoyed with himself. Dana smiled a little.

"Yeah," she answered, lying down on the grass. From here, she could trace Mulder's jawline with her eyes, leading to his defined nose and long, did turned eyelashes. She was slightly annoyed that his eyelashes were longer than hers, but in the end she didn't mind because it made Mulder's face all the more aesthetically pleasing.

Dana had been wondering if she felt attracted to the man, but after much deliberation she came to the conclusion that he was just enjoyable to be around and to look at. Like a flower, or a cat. Plus, this meant she could keep her feelings to herself, which was even better.

She noticed Mulder's Polaroid camera popping out of his pocket and gently took it, so he wouldn't notice and come out of his daydream. She sat up a little and put her eye through the visor, and snapped a photo. Mulder came to his senses due to the sound and gave a surprised look to his friend.

"Scully did you just take a picture of me?" He asked, raising a cheeky eyebrow. "Paparazzi much?"

Dana grimaced at him and gave him a light slap on the arm.
"Yes, because you're so cool, Spookster," she andwered sarcastically.

"Spookster? What the hell is that for a nickname?" He laughed. Before Dana could defend herself, Mulder piped up, "Wait then you have to be Scullzor, like that we're even." He decided. Dana cringed.

"Ew, that's such a gross nickname," she giggled. But she didn't really mind. She was too tired and too happy to care.

Seemingly, they were both too busy staring at each other to notice the other students plotting something.

Woah I'm alive! This is a sucky shirt chapter to make up for the literal yEAR I haven't posted for. Anyway, here's the new stuff about me:

- I'm Phan trash
- full homo
- I'm tøp trash
- I'm a meme lover

Love you all!

-Phancifiles