One down

Dana couldn't help laughing. She covered her mouth in an attempt to stop herself.

"You want to what?" She scoffed. Mulder's jaw clenched.

"I'm serious. I think it's important to inform the public." He muttered. Dana shook her head, still smiling.

"I don't know what to say. I was expecting something like social science or politics of some sort. Not aliens, Mulder," she answered, resting her chin on her hand. Mulder stared into space for a little whole, then he looked up at Dana.

"I know! Meet me at the park after classes. I want to show you something," he invited. Dana glanced at him, a lot of emotions going on. None of them pleasant. Either he was overly passionate about something nonexistent or this was Mulder's way of asking Dana out.

"Sorry, Fox, you seem like a nice guy, but-" she began, though she was interrupted by a furiously blushing Mulder.

"No! I wasn't implying anything. I mean, you seem friendly enough, but you're not my type. Um, I just wanted you to meet some of my friends, who could help with the project." he blabbered humorously. Dana didn't know how to react.

"Uh, of course, then. I suppose it can't do any harm..." she answered. Mulder nodded quickly and began lecturing her on Aliens of the Aztec world. Dana frowned.

"I'm not saying this project will be on little green men, Mulder." she reminded. Mulder nodded and opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted by the school bell. He nodded at Dana and sped away, leaving behind his magazine and notebook.
"Hey, Mul- ugh, he's gone already." Dana stuffed his belongings in her messenger bag and left the classroom.

***

Lunch time came agonizingly slowly, and Dana couldn't wait to meet some friends. Since she was new here, she only knew people by name.

The lunch room was cheerfully noisy, but not all students are on campus which made it hard for Dana to find familiar voices. Suddenly, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around, mindful of her lunch tray. A tall, pretty girl smiled at her.

"Hi, my name is Angela. You're the new student, right? Donna, is it?" she spoke in a light, bubbly voice that didn't match her black leather jacket.

"Dana, actually. Dana Scully. Nice to meet you, Angela." Dana answered simply. Angela seemed quite nice. Angela ushered Dana to a square table filled with girls, every single one of them was beautiful and tall. Dana felt strange and self conscious as she sat down, all of these model-like girls towering over her.

"Ladies, this is Donna. Donna, this is Solange, Alison, Jennifer, Ally, Sophia, Nadine and Patty." Angela presented, flashing her blinding smile. Dana tried to register the names to faces, to busy to correct Angela's mistake.

"Nice to meet you, Donna. is that even, like, your natural hair colour? It is gorgeous babe," drawled one of the girls. Dana was under the impression she was Ally.

"Thank you, and yes, my hair is naturally like this," she answered truthfully. Dana was particularly proud of her hair.

"It's lovely to meet you, Donna, is it? I hope you found your way around campus today," said another girl, either Solange or Alison. Dana smiled at the girl's genuineness. It was refreshing after the day she had trudged through.

"Lovely to meet you too... Alison. Actually, my name is Dana. Dana Scully. Oh, it took me ages to get to room C-2! I didn't even know there was a basement! They didn't go over that during the campus tour." Answered Dana. She bit into her corn dog with relish and dipped it in mustard.

"Sorry to hear that Dana. Anyway, where's your dorm? You have got to come to mine tonight. I'm hosting a slumber party!" Angela sang, her brown hair bouncing with almost as much excitement as Angela herself. Dana cringed. She hated slumber parties with a passion worthy of a book.

"Uh, sorry, I can't come. I have to meet up with my... partner. For a health project." she mumbled, trying to find a word to describe her relationship with Fox Mulder. Angela raised an eyebrow.

"All night?" was all she asked.

"Uh, no, I have to... catch up with, um, some letters. To my family. Yeah. Can't make it." Dana stuttered, convinced that Angela wasn't going to buy it.

"Oh, sure. Have fun, Donna." Angela retorted, obviously dismissing her peer. Dana gladly took the opportunity, giving Alison a little wave goodbye. She checked her schedule and realized that the first day ended at lunch time.

One down, one million to go.

A/N

I want to explain why it takes me so much time to update my story;

I only get to really write at night when everyone else is asleep, so I write about 300 to 350 words per night, my average chapter being 800 words... it takes time. I'm sorry! I love you all!!!

Would you mind giving me a little vote before the next part? Thank you lovelies!