Moldy and Scallops

This is the first day of my life,

I was born right in the doorway.

Dana closed her eyes and enjoyed the song. She rested her head on the freshly mowed grass in front of her dorm and took a drag from her cigarette.

I went out in the rain, and everything changed,

I remember spreading blankets on the beach.

Dana's thoughts wandered to the past few days she had spent with Mulder. She didn't spend much time with him, but when she did, it was always a peculiar experience. They only did things to do with their project, of course, but she always had fun with Mulder.

Yours was the first face that I saw,

I think that I was blind before I met you.

Since she met the lone gunmen, Dana had decided to have a group of friends that she could turn to. Since Angela had been so welcoming, she decided to include herself in the activities they had suggested for her.

I don't know where I am, I don't know where I've been, but I

Know where I want to go.

Dana remembered that there was a student party later on. As she debated whether or not to go, Dana got up and stopped her Walkman. She wrapped her headphones around the player and stuffed it in her pocket. She headed towards her dorm, humming absentmindedly.

When she reached her door, Dana reached for her keys. She slipped it into the keyhole, only to notice that the door was unlocked. Weird. I'm pretty sure that I locked it before classes... Dana pushed the door open with caution, wondering what she would find.

She was right to be afraid.

Her papers, bedsheets, books, CDs, radio... they were all ripped or broken on the floor.

"No!" Dana gasped. She rushed towards the precious pile of broken memories. As she reached into the pile to cradle a shredded photo album, Dana swore loudly. A ripped picture of Melissa and herself was dangling out of one of the pages, a typed message stuck to it.

Ptso.rcshnigae

Dana sniffled a little and bit her lip. She threaded her hand through her ginger hair and sighed.

"Oh, Scully, there you a- oh my god," Dana heard. She turned around and saw Mulder in the doorway. He gaped at what was before him.
"What happened?" he asked gently. Dana sighed again and got up to greet him.

"Hey, Mulder. I don't know, I just found my dorm like this with the door unlocked," she informed, sniffing. Part of her wanted to send Mulder home, but another part of her wanted him to stay.
"Uh, come in, if you'd like," she offered. Mulder looked at her strangely... As if he was concerned. Mulder's a nice guy, of course he's worried. Dana thought. Mulder gave her a sympathetic smile before entering.

"Are you okay?" Mulder asked, sitting on Dana's loveseat. She nodded and sighed, a tiny breath escaping her lips.

"Yeah... I just... Why would someone do this, Mulder?" Dana asked, careful to control the tears she could feel building up. Mulder shook his head in response.