Polka

There was a thump. Dana swore. She slowly closed Brad Bullsworth's sock drawer and tiptoed to his cupboard. She carefully opened the door and pointed her mini flashlight at the hangers. Sadly, there was only  disorganized pile of random clothes greeted her. Dana shuffled through the pile and found a clean sweater displaying a bloody fist and the number 43. Not bad, actually. She thought. Dana smiled at her successful mission and started heading towards the door she had picked.

"Hot girl? What a re you doing here?" she heard. Crap. Crap, crap, crap. Dana slowly turned around and flashed Brad a smile.

"Oh, hi Brad... Uh, I think I saw my cat come in here," she lied. Brad nodded slowly, then disappeared into another room. He came back holding a thrashing tabby cat. What the hell? Dana smiled nervously.

"Ah, Whiskers, there you are," she gushed convincingly. She took the aggressive feline in her outstretched arms and backed towards the door.
"Well, bye Brad," she saluted, pushing open the door with her hips and running away into the night with Whiskers the cat.

***

Now that she had Brad's sweater, she had to actually wear it to class. Luckily, she didn't have Biology. She had PE, cryptology and health, in that order. PE was fine, all she had to do was run and train. Since she wanted to work with the FBI, training was important. She didn't even have to wear Brad's sweater.

Cryptology went smoothly, since nobody even talked to Dana during that class. She handed in her report and took notes.

It was health that she feared. She wasn't sure why, but she dint want Mulder to see her with someone else's sweater.
She sat opposite Mulder and zipped up her jacket.

"Class, today you shall start taking photographs and or videos of your project," the professor began. Dana realized she still didn't know his name. "Sadly, this class is on a low budget, so there is only one camera and one video camera that you may use to your disposal. You two and you two," the teacher continued, pointing at two groups, "are allowed to go out and use the equipment. I will supervise you. The rest, do your thing." he left the classroom with the chosen four. That left Mulder, Dana and the classroom skeleton, Joey.
Dana felt a bead of sweat trickle down her forehead. She yearned to unzip her jacket.

"Hey, why don't you take off your jacket? You seem a little hot," Mulder suggested. Dana bit her lip.

"No... I'm fine." was all she answered. Mulder smirked.

"Are you wearing my sweater again?" he asked. Dana shook her head. Mulder smirked even more. He reached in and swiftly unzipped her jacket. His smile faded.
"Why are you wearing Brad Bullsworth's sweater?" he asked weakly. Dana sighed.

"How do you know it's his?" she asked. She didn't have the energy to deny anything.

"The fist is the logo of his football team and he's number 43." Mulder answered. His weakness turned to bitterness.
"Why did you hook up with him? That's so stupid, Scully." he snapped. Dana frowned at him.

"Mulder, I was dared to steal his sweatshirt and wear it today. Why do you even care?" she asked. Why do I even care?
Mulder blushed and frowned.

"I don't know. I'm sorry. I- I guess I didn't want my best friend to hook up with someone who doesn't deserve her," he said quietly. He blushed even more, embarrassment plastering his face like a thick mask. Dana smiled genuinely and looked down.

"Thanks," she whispered. They stayed silent for a moment, then Mulder started talking about documentation ideas for their project.

"We could film an investigation on UFO sightings! We could interview people!" he chattered excitedly. Dana smiled and watched Mulder passionately lecture her about abduction and how aliens are grey and not green.