Worth A Life

I'm like 99% broken because of ftf so excuse me as I crY BECAUSE OF THE ALMOST KISS FML. Anyway, I wanted to ask you guys if you wanted anything specific to happen in the book? IDK, but here's some plot development for y'all:

The phone rang.

Dana groaned and picked it up.

"What?" She asked in a sleepy voice. There was raspy breathing on the other end. Dana swore. "Who is this? What do you want?" she asked.

"1215, 3rd street Northwest," the voice rasped. Dana shuffled around her bedside table and found a pen. She wrote the address on her arm.

"What's there?" She asked, but the line was already dead. Dana hurried out of bed and turned the light on. She raked a hand through her hair and walked to her closet, choosing a simple outfit of ripped jeans, a motorcycle sweater and some black platform sneakers. Clothing was the least of her worries. Without bothering to do hair and makeup, Dana rushed out the door. Wherever this place was, she had to check it out. But first, she had German.

Dana sat next to an awkward pre-med student in German class. He barely talked to her, and when he did, it was with a heavy British accent that Dana found quite annoying. He sometimes tried to flirt with her, a pathetic attempt worthy of Brad. Dana truly wondered why men were so attracted to her, since she was extremely unpopular and awkward in high school. In her opinion, she looked like a red squirrel. Her nose was too hooked and her lips were too small. She also had that terrible mole above her lip that she tried to conceal with makeup, though she didn't see what difference it made.

But then again, Dana didn't care much about how she looked. Sure, everyone wants to be beautiful, but Dana was the kind of person who accepted her flaws.

After German, Dana beelined the exit of campus.

Using the metro due to lack of car, Dana travelled to 3rd Street. She found herself facing a set of warehouses, one of them being number 1215.

The outside of the warehouse was bleak and grey, a tattered and ripped "FOR SALE" nailed above the front door. Dana tried the handle, but the door was locked. She would have kicked the door open, which her father had taught her how to do when she was seventeen, but she didn't want to bring attention to herself. She was already breaking and entering, no need to actually get caught.

There were two loading ports that were heavily padlocked, so Dana's only way of entry was a broken back window. She used her leather jacket to take off excess glass and climbed through.

Dana jumped down from the window and looked around. The inside of the warehouse was almost empty, albeit a few ladders, cloths and discarded boxes. It seemed as if it had been abandoned since quite a few years. Dana stared walking down the hallway, trying to spot something that would be of interest. She found nothing in the long mainroom. She branched out to a separate room, the only other part of the warehouse. Inside, someone was standing in the shadows. Dana stopped moving.

"So, why did you bring me here?" She asked. She knew who this man was. He was the man who had called her twice before. The shadow moved an inch forward, his left foot emerging in the light.

"I asked you to come here to tell you and your little friend to stop searching. Sadly, you didn't bring him along. Oh, well," he said. Dana frowned.

"Look, mister, I don't know who you think you are, but we aren't looking for anything," she snapped. The shadow moved forward again, somewhat threateningly. Dana took a step back.

"Well, let's just make sure of that, shall we?" The shadow murmured. It ran towards Dana.

Without taking the time to discover the identity of her assailant, Dana ran. She opened the door, trying to escape as fast as possible.

She didn't get far.

When Dana woke up, she was in an unknown room. It took her a few seconds to realize she was in hospital. Melissa and her mother were asleep on arm chairs. Dana sighed. She rubbed her head. There was a gauze bandage on her temple. The pain started to set in, tugging at her head and her hip. Just as she was about to call for a nurse, Melissa opened her eyes. She gasped when she saw Dana awake. Dana smiled weakly.

"Hey," she murmured. Melissa grinned and started shaking their mother.

"Mom! It's Dana! She's awake! She's okay!" She gushed. Mrs. Scully woke up, shocked. She looked around in confusion for a few seconds, then when she spotted Dana, she gasped, like Melissa.

"Oh, Dana! How are you? Are you okay?" She fussed, getting up. Dana laughed.

"Mom, I'm fine," she assured. Mrs Scully beamed and took her daughter's hand.

At that moment, Mulder walked in with a gift-wrapped box and a bouquet of flowers. When he spotted the rest of the Scullies, he gave an awkward nod.

"Heya, Sculls," he greeted, putting down his gifts. Dana smiled.

"Heya, Moldy." She answered. Melissa's eyes widened, like those of a bull or some other extremely aggressive animal.

"Moldy? As in... Mulder?" She screeched. Dana frowned.

"Uh, yeah. Calm down, Missi," she said. Melissa stared at Mulder.

"This is the guy who-"

"Melissa!" Dana interrupted, going pink. Poor Mulder was extremely confused. However, he was even more confused when Melissa punched him right in the jaw. Dana and Mrs Scully gasped.

"Melissa! What are you thinking?" Mrs Scully chastised. Melissa was still fuming, glaring at poor Mulder, who was cupping his jaw.

"This asshole made Dana cry!" Melissa accused. Mortified, Dana tried to say otherwise. Melissa stormed out of the room, a furious Mrs Scully following. Mulder stared wide-eyed at the wall.

"I did what?" He asked. Dana shook her head.

"Never mind. How did you find me in the warehouse?" She asked. The question had been burning her mind since she woke up. Mulder, still looking confused, fiddled with his sweater.

"That creepy dude from your German class stalked you. He said he heard you scream, so he went to see what happened. He found you bleeding on the floor," he answered. Dana sighed. She was conflicted. Part of her was angry at the guy for stalking her, and part of her was thankful. She looked at her bedside table and noticed the beautifully wrapped rectangular box. She took it onto her lap and undid the white silk ribbon. She opened the box to find a velvet choker with a small glass alien face with painted black eyes dangling from it. Dana picked it up from the latch. She gave a tiny gasp.

"Mulder, you didn't have to do this! I don't even understand why you did!" She said. Mulder shrugged.

"I mean, it was 7 dollars, so I just went for it. It's kind of your sort of thing, isn't it?" He asked. Dana smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, it sort of is. I appreciate the humor in it," she answered. Mulder hesitated, but he took the choker from her hands. Dana pulled her hair up to help, and Mulder tied the choker around her neck. Dana let down her hair and touched the glass alien.
"Thanks, Mulder. And sorry about Melissa, she's... weird. To say the least."

"Don't worry about it. Well, I should go. Before she comes back and actually manages to kill me," he said. Dana gave a little smile as he left.

Dana thought back at what happened at the warehouse. She tried to remember who had attacked her, but she hadn't managed to catch a glimpse of him. She wondered what he thought that she and Mulder were looking for. What can be so important that he is willing to attack me for it? She paused.

Is my curiosity worth a life?