Chapter 34

The next morning, I woke up feeling sick. I rolled over just in time to throw up. All over the grey, flagstone floor. I groaned. This was exactly what I didn't need right now. Tauriel, who must've still been asleep, came rushing over.

"Morning sickness?" I nodded and threw up again. She sat down beside me and pulled my hair out of my face.

"Do you want me to get Oin?"

"No." I whispered. My throat was too dry for me to say anything louder than that and my stomach grumbled loudly.

"I'll go get you some breakfast and a hairbrush. Your hair's a mess."

"So is yours." I grumbled. It was true. Her hair looked like it had been struck by lightning. It was sticking up in every direction and the fact that it was as long as mine made it even funnier. She screamed when she saw her reflection in the glass of water on my nightstand. Oin must've put it there last night after I fell asleep. Her scream drew the attention of Oin who rushed in.

"I heard a scream! Are you alright? Um..... Tauriel, you might want to tie your hair down before you go anywhere." She glowered at him.

"I know that already. Oh yeah, by the way Oin, Mereniver threw up on the floor."

"WHAT?! I just mopped that yesterday!!" Tauriel smirked at me and strutted out.

"Sorry?"

"It's fine Mereniver. Morning sickness happens. Speaking of that, do you want to clean it up or change Thorin's bandage?"

"The latter, I'll leave you with the messy job."

"Fine. The fresh ones are on the second shelf." He made it sound like he knew I would fail and have to ask for help, well I was about to prove him wrong! I removed Thorin's bandage from his abdomen as gently as I could but that was kind of hard because it had been stuck on by I-don't-know-what. When I it fully got it off, I found that the stab was about half-healed and that it was no longer an angry red color. I looked at the roll of cloth in one hand and then back at Thorin's wound. Sure I had put it on yesterday but I had no idea about how to cut it.

"Oin."

"Coming." He leaned the mop against the wall and came over with scissors in his hand.

"But I didn't even tell you what I needed."

"You don't need to. I knew you would have trouble sizing the bandage."

"Aye." I started improvising, I didn't want Oin to think that was the only reason I called him over, "But look at this. The wound is half gone, my guess it will vanish completely by tomorrow night at the latest and then Thorin could wake up any time after that!"

"This is good news. Once the wound is gone, all we can do is wait. I'll dress the wound. Why don't you take the ones on your arm off?" I unwrapped the slightly bloodstained cloth carefully, wincing when the sensitive cuts stung as they became exposed to the open air. All of them had scabbed over and the skin around them was angry red.

"Your arm is healing up nicely, the color should fade soon but there will be scars and Thorin will not be pleased. I'll wrap them up again now and once more tonight but after that they need to heal on their own." He got the same stuff he had put on last night along with a new roll of thinner cloth. The pain was not as bad as yesterday but it was a different type of pain. The pain yesterday was like lemon juice in a paper cut but this was a dull pain that dragged out for several seconds. When Oin was done, he got up and walked back over to my bed.

"Now, why don't you go brush your hair? I don't think that many dwarves are up yet so you should be able to get to your room without being seen. Dwalin took it upon himself yesterday to find some dresses for you to try on. They should be up there."