Chapter 26- Doctors Apointment

I had just gotten back from school and I had to leave in an hour for my doctors appointment for my hip. I had been feeling a lot better, but was still a little stiff. Grayson was coming over for "support", even though I didn't really need any but he has been so worried that I think it was mainly for him. I laid on the couch while I waited for my dad to get home from work and pick up Grayson. I started to fall asleep while I watched one of the favorite shows, The New Girl.

Grayson's P.O.V.

Ethan and I were chilling in the basement while I waited for Alex's dad to pick me up. Ethan and I were listening to the Weeknd and editing our video for tomorrow. It always took us a long time to edit, it was my least favorite part but it was all worth it in the end. I really wanted to have another video with Alex in it, just because I really enjoyed showing her off and everyone was super supportive of us but she doesn't want it to look like she's coming in between Ethan and I which I guess I understood. I pressed pause on the music that was "High for This" by the Weeknd due to the fact my phone went off. It was Alex's dad saying he was here.
"Her dads here." I said to Ethan.
"Alright, see you later buddy." He said pressing play on the music and going back to editing. I grabbed my wallet and phone charger and headed up stairs and out the door to the car.
"Hey Grayson." He dad said.
"Hey Mr. Miller." I said.
"Grayson, you know you can call me John." He said kinda laughing a little bit.
"I know, sorry. I'm just use to it. Just a respect thing I grew up learning." I explained.
"It's good that stuck with you." He said. I replied with a simple yeah and we kept driving to their house. "I'm glad you're coming to the appointment." He told me after a few second of silence.
"Yeah?" I asked.
"Yeah. You are really good to Alex. Thank you for looking out for my baby girl." He said.
"It's no problem. I love being there for her."
"Even though it's a handful?" He started to laugh.
"Not really." I answered back kinda laughing at the fact he said that.
"You should have seen her as a kid. She would never sit still, she was pretty accident prone. I don't know if you've seen it but she has a scar on her back from falling off her bike, and she would hit her head or get a bloody nose. Like if you thought she was accident prone now, take now and times it by ten, that's how she was." He explained. I laughed and replied
"Aw."
"Yeah, I remember her second gymnastics class she ran down the long trampoline and her foot got stuck on the blue safety flap before the tub of sponges."
"Oh dang." I said.
"I don't think she even cried though. She was always scared of crying in front of people." He said. My smile started to fade away after he said that because it was something that hadn't changed much. Beside the fact she was scared to cry, but she was really closed off.
"You okay?" Her dad asked. I snapped out of my thoughts and shook my head.
"Oh yeah." I replied.
"Alright, here we are." He said pulling into their driveway. I got out the car and we went inside to see her asleep on the couch with the tv on. She was laying on her side in the fetal position. I walked over to her and touched her arm. She felt pretty cold. If it wasn't for the fact we were leaving soon I would have given her a blanket and let her sleep.
"Hey." I said as I started to shake her.
"Oh, hey." She smiled when she opened her eyes and saw it was me. I was rubbing her side and she rested her hand on my arm.
"How's your nap?" I asked her.
"Okay." She answered. She started to get up and I helped her.
"You ready dad?" She yelled out.
"Yeah." He answered as he came back down the stairs.

We didn't have to wait long until the doctor. When he came in with her cat scan and examining her leg he said that she should be fine and the the swelling went down, she just need to work it out so she's not stiff anymore. I was really happy to know my girl is going to be okay.

AN: okay, so I get it, this is a crappy way to end this book but I'm already working on a sequel to this book called "Inseparable" and I'm liking it a lot better. I would really like it if you guys read it because I haven't read one on here where the twins were out of high school and starting their life's. So yeah, thank you all for reading this book and I hope you guys enjoy my next one. 😘