| ZERO |

::

Under the dim light of the street lamp, two figures stood close to each other. Even for an outsider, their sadness was written on their faces, there was no need to hear their words.

After all, what could hurt more than saying goodbye to your son?

The Sheriff watched the hideous looking building with a frown on his face. This place struck even the bravest with a sense of despair, the dim light illumabted on the walls and the shadows moved as if the place had a soul. A twisted soul begging to reach out and dig it claws in, a promise of notorious creatures living inside. Now he had to let his son go in there only by himself. Stiles felt his discomfort, it was impossible not to, something inside him broke as he watched the pain on his father face, knowing that he cause of the discomfort.

Like there wasn't enough guilt for him to carry on his shoulders, Scott McCall jogged his way towards the two Stilinski standing side by side. Stiles immediately looked down on his feet as the small rock he had been pushing around with the tip of his shoes was too interesting to raise his chin up. It was a refusal, he refused to look in to his best friend's eyes because it meant saying goodbye, he just couldn't. It would make all of this... real.

"Why didn't you tell me?" The true alpha asked, his features screamed betrayal, he seemed hurt. Out of all people Stiles, his best friend, was keeping secrets.

Sheriff, seeing the guilty look on his son's face, cut in. Stiles let a nervous breath out, greatful. "Because we wanted to avoid something like this."

"It's only 72 hours," Stiles added quickly, trying to act like it was not a big deal. Knowing that his stay could've been longer, longer then any of them would want but he might have to.

"This is the same place where Barrow came from. The guy who had a tumor inside him filled with flies," Scott exclaimed, trying to sound collected but sounding at the brink of shouting. His chocolate brown eyes lingered on the sign.

Eichen House.

Scott wasn't sure whether it was a true alpha instinct or just a sane person's reaction to a horrwndous place. Regardless everything about the building made him think about death and destrustion. He gulped down-

A crash sound made Ash drop his pen on the floor, panic started to raise from the back of his theoat as his eyes followed the movement of the pen, rolling away from his feet.

"Ash!" The boy sighed with relief as he recognized the voice, his öuscles immidietly relaxing with the familerty and ran his fingers through his messy curls. Hiding the toilet paper (that he was using as an actual paper to write on) inside his pocket, he got out of the toilet.

"Malia, what did we talk about approaching other humans?" Ash smiled kindly and leaned against the sink watching the irritated look on the girl's face.

"What?" The werecoyote asked, genuinly curious and mostly annoyed, meanwhile crossing her arms over her chest, raising her brows in the processes.

"Kicking the door is not a proper way to let me know that you are here."

"I called your name once. Was I suppose to wait forever?" She sighed dramatically and locked the door.

It had became a part of their routine over the time they had spent together in Eichen House. Toilets were usually empty when it was the free time where they were allowed to watch television, or mostly drown themselves in their thoughts, the duo had decided to spend that time enjoying each other's company.