Chapter 6 - Friends

Start from the beginning

“why not?”

“I’m sort of on a mission” Sheepishly Percy continued “ I may have... um... skipped an important meeting, which will get me into a lot of trouble later”

“well I think i have a solution to your problem, I’ll take you to London. If and only if you spend the day with your friends, we’ve missed you.”

“and how do you plan on getting me to London?”

“Easy I’ll just transform into a dragon or something and fly you there”

“um great plan but how are you going to fly all the way there without stopping”

Frank’s face fell, and anxiously he glanced across the dining pavilion at Leo who was too preoccupied taking apart a toaster to notice that Percy was back. Percy on the other hand was looking at Frank, who he could tell really wanted him to stay for the day, how could he say no to that face.

“fine…. I’ll stay but that means that you have to help me figure out how to get back to London.”

Frank grinned, just as Hazel snuck up behind Percy and wrapped her arms around him squeezing the life out of him from behind. She sat on Percy’s left and sniffed.

“I’ve missed you” with that she wrapped her arms around him again. Percy chuckled Hazel was like a sister to him, and always managed to make him feel better. She mumbled into his chest that Percy just barley heard. Just seven words that made his instantly good mode change to terrified in less than a second.

“You’re going to hate me for this”

With that she pulled away from his chest stood up on her chair and said in a very loud voice

“PERSEUS JACKSON! HOW DARE YOU LEAVE WITHOUT EVEN A LETTER OR IRIS MESSAGE, I HAVE BEEN WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU” She sat back down as Percy got mobbed in hugs and kisses from the Aphrodite cabin. She smiled and peeled her orange watching Percy struggle through the mob of people. She looked straight at him and gave him a bright smile and she saw him grin slightly and say

“when did you get this confident?”

This only made her blush and smile in response.

7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 77 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 

Five minutes later. When Chiron ordered everyone to go back to their tables did Percy sigh and mutter to Frank and Hazel.

“you guys know that you’re not supposed to sit at the Poseidon table,  it’s against the rules”

 “Well, Hazels your cousin and I’m a descendent or Poseidon so technically we are allowed to sit here”

Hazel smiled, as Piper was now making her way to Percy’s table and sat down opposite of him. Percy sighed and pushed his plate away his appetite lost. He stared at the table in a depressed manner, his aviators still covering his eyes.

“Percy” Piper called her voice soft, but no response.

“Percy” she called with a little more force but before he could respond to her charm speak two more seats were filled up by Leo and Jason, Leo had brought over what used to be a toaster but was now being converted into a race car.

“Percy! My man, how’ve you been?” Percy looked up and smiled tiredly just to fist bump Jason.

“Great, my girlfriend cheated on me, my classmates think I’m working for Lord Voldemort and I think I’m failing potions” Percy sais sarcastically. In an instant all of his friends gave him weird looks, even Leo.

“Listen Percy I don’t know who or what Voldewarts is but he sounds like a buzz kill, also don’t sweat failing …… some medieval subject chances are it’s not exactly a need to know subject. I know your bummed about the whole Annabeth thing but I think I have something that will make it up to you” With that Leo pulled out a computer chip just a bit bigger than his thumb and placed it on the table.

“Chippy! Show me picture A46” with that the chip sprouted a holographic image of Tyson. “Don’t worry” Leo chuckled at the groups shocked face. “it’s not only pictures of Tyson……. There are pictures of all of us in it, just say the letter A and a random number from 1 to 200 and it will sprout out a picture. It’s something that will remind you of home while you’re on your quest”

“Leo I don’t know what to say” Percy stated speechless. Leo just grinned and looked a bit like a maniac when he did.

“then don’t say anything, just keep calm and look at holographic images to make you feel less homesick…….. yeah that was a little long but it works.”

 Percy shook his head and grinned up at the sky; no matter how upset he was his friends always knew a way to cheer him up.

777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777

*Narrator*

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times,if one only remebers to turn on the light"

Maybe this was like Percy turning on a light, for the past few months he had been through tough times, he felt like he had been sitting in darkness for an eternity. But when he was surrounded by his friends he felt like he had suddenly flicked the light switch, and everything was brighter. It was like a man who only saw in black and white for his whole life but suddenly everything was in color, that was how Percy felt in this moment, he felt, happy. But if only he could freeze this moment and live in it forever. But every happy moment has to come to an end, and our young hero would be surrounded in darkness once more, and his light would be put out.