Chapter 27: Coming Home

A/N: Hey guys! So this is 8 years later, which means Kid and Luna are both 14 years old. I know 8 years is a long time, but come on. Its 8! Think of the symmetry! Besides, the Kishins could have been very dependant on finding the Shinigami souls. So anyway, I'm really sorry if you think that's way too long, but this is how I like to imagine it. Enjoy!!!!!!!!

8 years later
Luna POV
"Rose Tyler, you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I."

I was watching Doctor Who on Stein's TV. He had gotten me the whole series on DVD for my last birthday. I had fallen in love with the Doctor. He was quirky and funny and adventurous. Like Kid.

I held my pillow close as I watched closely. I always held my pillow when I watched Doctor Who, I never knew when I would get my heart broken.

After a lot of binge watching I got to an episode called "Doomsday". I watched closely as Rose and the Doctor fought the Daleks. Rose stayed with the Doctor even though she had the chance to stay with her family. I thought it was adorable. I started to get nervous later in the episode.

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!
A/N: Hi! So, I'm about to describe this episode as Luna watches it, but I don't want to give away any spoilers if anyone hasn't gotten to that episode yet. I will put bold asterisks at the end of the spoiler part, so if you don't wanna know what happens, skip to the asterisks!!!!!!!! It will all still make sense!!!!!!!! Read/skip away!!!!!!!!

***************************************************************

My heart was beating fast. Rose held onto the bar on the wall, the Doctor doing the same straight across from her. They gripped it tightly while the Daleks flew into the time gap. Suddenly the lever on Rose's side leaned out of position. Rose carefully went over to it and pushed upright. Suddenly her whole body was picked up by the wind and she was holding onto the lever to keep her from going with the Daleks.

My hands started shaking and I held the pillow closer. Then Rose lost her grip and flew in the direction of the time gap.

"ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE!!!!!!!!" the Doctor cried out. Rose yelled as she flew away in slow motion.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" he cried out again. Then suddenly Rose's father showed up and caught her, then pressed the button which sent them to a parallel universe. Soon after, the last Dalek flew into the gap and the gap closed. The Doctor stared at the wall with an appalled look on his face.

In the parallel universe, Rose pounded on the wall, crying "Take me back, take me back!!" between sobs. She leaned with her ear to the wall and her hands by her face. She sobbed harder.

The Doctor walked slowly up to the wall and did the same, but not crying. He simply had a sad look on his face. I held back tears myself.

Later in the episode, Rose was in Norway, on Bad Wolf Bay. She was talking to a projection of the Doctor, which he was sending from the TARDIS through what little was left of the time gap.

"How long have you got?" She asked him.
"About 2 minutes."
"I can't think of what to say!" She said sadly. The Doctor laughed a little.

"Am I ever gonna see you again?" She asked with tears in her eyes.
"You can't." he said slowly shaking his head. My heart dropped at this. I was trying so hard to hold back my tears, but I felt a couple rolling down my cheeks. She paused for a moment, then tried to say something.
"I lo-" she stuttered, the bent over and brushed the hair out of her face. She stood up straight and tried again.

"I love you!" She said and laughed a bit.
"Quite right to." The Doctor started. "And I suppose, if it's my last chance to say it," my heart sped up. Say it, say it! I whispered.
"Rose Tyler........" And with that, the image disappeared.
Rose looked at the nothingness in front of her. Then she broke down. She cried into her hands as her mother ran to her and hugged her. Then it showed the Doctor, with his mouth open, and tears running down his cheeks. That's where I lost it. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I started crying too.

***************************************************************

Just then Stein came in. I wiped the tears from my face (Tears of sadness or tears of joy? Haha no spoilers!).

"Luna, there's something I wanna tell you." He said as he sat down next to me. I turned to face him and put my pillow on my lap.

"What is it Stein?" I asked.
"Well, you remember the reason you came here was to make the Kishins lose track of your family's souls right?"
"Yes........?" I responded nervously. Did they find Kid and Papa? Did they find me?
"Well, there haven't been any Kishin attacks in a while. It seems they've lost their track." Now I was getting excited.
"D-Does that mean........?" I said quietly.
"Yes. You can go home."

I felt the corners of my mouth turn to a smile, then tears form in my eyes once again. I put my hands to my mouth and laughed. Then I started full-on crying tears of joy. Stein smiled. I jumped into his lap and hugged him tight. He laughed when I did. He wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back. Now I was laughing and crying at the same time. I pulled away and gasped.

"I-I have to go get ready!" I stuttered and rushed to my room. I put on my best dress shirt, best suit, best black skirt, and best shoes. Then I reattached my brooch and positioned my locket over my heart. I put my hand over it and smiled.

"I'm coming home Kiddo."

"I'm coming home."