Chapter 21: Flashbacks

A/N: Hey guys! This chapter's gonna be a little different. Kid and Luna have flashbacks to when they were together, (and when I'm dreamin', yeah i know I'm gonna dream, I'm gonna dream about the time when I'm with you [i couldn't resist!] ) but each one is gonna be from a different POV. I know it's a little confusing but it will all make sense! Enjoy!!!!!!!! PS: I do not own Soul Eater or any characters mentioned in this story.

Kid POV

Luna and I were racing around in the park. We had each tied 8 times already.
"Alright, this one's the tie breaker!" I said.
"That's what you said about the last one!" she giggled.
"I know but this time I mean it!"
We went back to the starting line, which was a stick, and got ready to run. I bent over, put my hand on the ground in front of my foot, looked over at Luna and smiled.
"Ready, set, GO!" We both took off. The finish line was about 25 feet away. When I was about halfway there, I heard a squeal and then a thump. Still running, I looked behind me to see Luna laying on her side. I quickly stopped and ran to her. "Luna! Are you ok?" I helped her sit up. She nodded, then winced. I looked down at her knee, which was all scraped up. I brushed off some of the dirt and helped her to stand. She stumbled and almost fell again, so I wrapped her arm around my shoulder and helped her walk to the bench. Her knee was bleeding now. I took off my jacket and tied it around the wound. Once more she tried to stand up, but her knee gave out and she stumbled again. I got behind her, put one hand under her legs and the other behind her back, and picked her up. She gasped when I did.
"Kiddo! W-what are you doing?" She asked.
"You can't walk like this." I said and smiled at her. She smiled back and held onto my shoulders. I carried her home like that.

Luna POV

I was walking around outside the academy. I was just by myself, because Kid was still inside. He was waiting for his shirt to dry from the laundry. I looked up at the sky as I walked along. Then suddenly I was on the ground.

I winced as I got up and saw 3 other kids, all boys, laughing and pointing at me. They looked a lot older than me, about 10 or 11 years old.

"What's so funny?" I asked them, holding my arm which hurt from the fall.

"You are, stupid!" Said the first one.

"Totally! Look at the way you're dressed!" Said the second one.

"Yeah, all in black? What are you some sort of gothic emo chic?" Said the third.

"N-No! I... I'm actually..." I stuttered. Before I could finish two of the boys picked me up by my wrists and held me up, so I couldn't reach the ground. I tried kicking but my legs were too short. The two boys holding me squeezed my wrists harder. I winced at the pain. My hands started feeling numb.
"Stop doing that! It hurts!" I yelled. The third boy looked at me angrily, then looked at the other two boys and nodded. The two boys laughed quietly and roughly shook me a couple times. I felt tears stream down my cheeks. Then the first boy looked at my shirt, then towards my neck. He ripped off my brooch and gave it to the second boy, who took it and laughed.
"Give me my brooch back! It's mine!" I yelled. He threw it on the ground in front of the third boy, who held it a couple centimeters above my fingers. I tried to reach it, but I could no longer feel my hands, which had turned bright red. Then all of a sudden I heard a familiar voice that I had never been so relieved to hear.

"If you keep doing that to my sister, there's going to be trouble." The third boy turned around quickly and immediately began laughing again. The first and second boys did the same. Kid was standing about 8 feet away from the boy. He had his hands in fists and his eyes were angry. I smiled and he gave me a small smile back. "Now I suggest you put her down, drop the brooch, and walk away before I hurt you. Now."
"You're bluffing! A little kid like you couldn't hurt us!" The boy laughed.

"I'd watch my mouth if I were you. You wouldn't want to mess with a Shinigami would you?"
There was a brief moment of silence. Then the boy's face went from amused to, well, paralyzed with fear.

The third boy dropped the brooch and the other two boys dropped me and quickly ran off, the third boy stumbling after them. I landed on my knees and elbows, because my hands were still numb. I sat up and felt the cold feeling as they returned to normal. When I stood up Kid was running over to me. He lifted my chin up and reattached the brooch to the collar of my shirt. When he looked up he smiled, but I had tears running down my face again. Kid wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tight. I put my arms around his shoulders, burying my face in his neck.

Then we just walked around the perimeter of the academy hand in hand.

Kid POV

Luna and I were walking around town. We went to the park because it was peaceful there. I saw a tree with beautiful blossoms growing from it. When Luna wasn't looking I climbed up and grabbed the biggest, most beautiful one I could find. I climbed back down and walked over to her, holding the blossom behind my back. She turned around and smiled at me, then I put the blossom in her hair, tucked behind her ear. She smiled and blushed a little. I smiled back and took her hand.

As we walked through the park we heard faint yelling. Then the ground shook a little. We walked in the direction of the noise, to find two people fighting. They looked like Meisters from Papa's academy. They were a boy and a girl, the boy holding a Scythe and the girl a sword. We sat down and watched them as they fought. I was completely fascinated by the action. They both moved so gracefully. I hoped I would learn to be as good a Meister or Weapon as them.

The boy swung at the girl, making her jump back and swing her sword towards the boy. He spun the Scythe, creating a shield for himself. He jumped back and did a backflip in mid-air. The girl ran forward and jumped over him, kicking him and pulling his leg back so that he fell forward. To our mistake, Luna and I started laughing. The girl looked over at us and smiled. She giggled a little too. The boy however, was not so amused. His face turned red and angry.

Our laughs died down and we both gasped. The girl looked at him, then at us, then at him, then at us again. She ran towards us, picked us up and and ran towards the playground. She stood underneath the slide and put us down. When we all saw the boy running towards us, she put us down and whisper-yelled, "RUN!" Then she ran towards the boy trying to stop him. I just stared, fascinated at how they fought. Until I felt Luna grab my hand and pull me away. We both ran as fast as we could, the boy chasing after us and the girl trying to stop him.

"Aaron, stop! They're just kids!" she yelled.

"I don't care Nora! They laughed in my face!"

Luna and I just ran faster. We were a little scared, but we still giggled as we ran. It was kind fun! We ran into town, avoiding people who were walking by. We tried hiding but we got too scared and kept running when they got closer. We ran into an alley, leaning up against the wall. I squeezed Luna's hand as we heard Aaron get closer. We silently watched as Aaron looked everywhere. Then Nora noticed us.
"Aaron, they went that way!" she said to him, pointing the opposite way. Then she winked at us and we smiled back before she ran off after him. Then Luna and I walked back to the academy to meet up with Papa and go home. That night we went up to the roof and talked about the two Meisters. We both wanted to be like them. We knew we would be someday.