Chapter 38: My Baby

Addy's POV
So today is my first ultrasound and Ethan and I are super excited. I can't wait to see my baby.
I showered and put on a white v-neck, black leggings, and high-top Converse. I blow dried my hair and left it down. I brushed my teeth and did my usual make-up routine.
I woke Ethan up and he took a shower too. He came out in a green, grey, and black tank top, khaki shorts, and grey Vans. His hair was in his usual quiff.
We ate a quick breakfast and got in the car.
We drove to the hospital and walked in, hand in hand. We checked in and sat down.
The majority of the people in the room were women in their 30s and their husbands. They kept giving us weird looks.
"Don't worry about them. They don't know a real blessing when they see one."
I turned around and saw a girl around my age, and a guy right next to her.
The girl had long, light brown hair and big brown eyes. The guy had light brown hair like Ethan's and big green eyes.
"Sorry, I'm Julia. That's my boyfriend, Logan." She said.
"I'm Addy, this is my boyfriend, Ethan." I said.
"Nice to meet you. So how old are you guys? If you don't mind me asking." Logan said.
"18." We both said.
"Same here." Julia said with a smile.
We talked for a little bit and we had a lot in common:
-They both met in middle school
-Logan is from New York and Julia is from Miami, but they moved when they were little
-Julia is 6 weeks pregnant
-They both go to Stanford, but take different courses
-Logan plays Football and Julia used to cheer and play soccer
We kept talking until they called my name. We exchanged numbers and Ethan and I followed the nurse.
She weighed me, checked my height, and did some other stuff. She confirmed me 6 weeks pregnant and said the doctor would be with me soon.
"I can't wait to see our baby." Ethan said with a smile.
I smiled. He's gonna be a great Dad. I can already tell...
"Hello, I am Dr. Williams. I'll be your primary Doctor throughout your pregnancy." A tall, thin man said, walking into the room.
He looked about 40 with tall, dark brown hair and big brown eyes (think of Brad from Baby Daddy).
We said Hello and he grabbed a clipboard.
"Full name?"
"Addison Rachel Reynolds."
"Age?"
I paused...
"It's okay sweetheart. I'm not here to judge you. I'm here to make sure your baby is healthy. I don't care if you're 14 or 50, I'm here to help you and your baby." He said.
I slightly smiled.
"I uh...just turned 18." I said.
He nodded, writing it down.
"Well, let's have a look at your baby."
He said.
I laid down and lifted my shirt above my slight baby bump. He grabbed the ultrasound wand and squirted warm gel onto my belly. He started moving the wand around and a picture came up on the screen. There was a super tiny bean shaped baby.
"And that's your baby." He said.
Ethan had a huge smile on his face. I couldn't take my eyes off the screen.
That's my baby...
"You should be able to find out the gender in about 3 months." Dr. Willams said.
He took a few pictures and cleaned off my belly.
"Your due date is April 16th of next year." He said.
He printed out the pictures and we thanked him. We got in the car and left.
I sent the picture to Lia, Jc, Kian, Nick, Julie, My parents, and Julia. Everyone was excited and congratulating us.
We went to Olive Garden for lunch then went home.
"So have you thought of any names?" I asked Ethan.
"I like Liam, Jesse, and Brayden for a boy. For a girl, I like Maddison, Sarah, and Nicole." He said.
"I like Niall, Reece, and Owen for a boy. For a girl, I like Breanna, Audrey, and Emily." I said.
"How about if it's a boy...Brayden Reece Caylen. If it's a girl...Breanna Nicole Caylen?" He said.
"Aww those are adorable! You are really good at choosing names." I said.
He smiled and we kissed. We watched TV for a bit and just talked about the baby. Can't wait to meet Brayden or Breanna...
A/N
Hey guys! How do you like the update? Can you guess if it's gonna be a boy or a girl? Find out next update!