"Bruh." I whined. "I don't feel like crying right now. I'm happy and I want to stay that way."

"Mookie." Chris said simply, giving me a blank look. "If your annoying ass doesn't read this damn email, you're sleeping outside." He said making me laugh a little.

"I love you babe, you're not an asshole at all." I said sarcastically making him crack a smile. I kissed his lips before leaning back into my plush pillows.

"Love you too. Now hurry up and read it so I can go back to sleep. This medicine is wearing my ass out." He yawned.

"Well, maybe we should wait until the morning." I suggested.

"Stop stalling and read the damn email." He said smacking his lips.

"I'm nervous." I admitted.

"You want me to read it to you, babe?" He asked, I nodded my head and he sighed before slowly sitting up in the bed and taking the phone from me.

Jerome POV:

One week after Chris' surgery.

"Ugh. Jerome, you play too much." Ashlyn whined as she slapped the back of my head hard as hell. I was laying on her body and wouldn't get off of her, knowing she had to go use the bathroom.

"Gimme a kiss and I'll let you up." I told her with a smirk on my face. She huffed before leaning up and pecking my lips. "The hell was that?"

"Jerome stop playing!" She groaned.

"Alright, I quit." I laughed as I kissed her lips before rolling off of her. I watched her as she walked to my bathroom naked.

I followed after her so that I could take a shower and get ready for my day. While she was using the bathroom, I cut on the shower before going to brush my teeth.

After showering, I put on deodorant and threw on some clothes. Ashlyn was in the kitchen cooking breakfast with Aalayshia on her hip.

Surprisingly, Alayshia has adjusted really well to living with me. The first few nights she cried for Armoni but other than that she's been coping very well. I'm surprised because I expected her to act out but she didn't. She's been her normal self.

"Daddy!" Alayshia yelled once she saw me enter the kitchen. Ashlyn put her down so she ran to me. I picked her up and threw her in the air before kissing her cheek.

"I love you Lay." I said making her giggle.

"Love you Dada." She sang over and over again, making me smile. I went over and sat at the table while Ashlyn finished up breakfast. I let Lay play on my phone as I watched Ashlyn move around my kitchen.

"Here babe." She said placing a plate in front of me. She'd made an omelette with breakfast potatoes, and bacon.

"Thank you." I said as I placed Lay on my knee. She reached for the bacon on my plate but I pulled her arm away from the plate just in time.

I quickly said grace before breaking off a small piece of bacon for Alayshia. She ate it within seconds. I laughed before giving her a whole slice.