He then started walking to our hotel's direction.

“I’m going to see you tomorrow—I mean later then? I’ll follow Papa now. Goodnight Gaara. Go home and sleep now.”

I turned my back at him after I waved, sprinting to my father.

“Sleep, huh..”  I heard him murmur to himself as he also went home.

               _______________

“What’s their problem?” I frowned at the villagers who were glaring at us. I pulled Gaara with me as we squeezed through the crowd.

It was easy because some of them gave us way while glaring at us of course.

“It’s because I’m a monster.” Gaara told me in a low voice as we sat on the swing of the playground. There were not much children on the playground yet because it was still too early in the morning.

“Nonsense.” I told him sharply. “Don’t think that you’re a monster. Prove them wrong. Promise me.” I grinned at him, holding my pinky to him. He held out his and we made a pinky promise.

We saw two figures emerge on our right. My father and another man dressed in clothes like the Third Hokage. The Kazekage?

I stood up and bowed at them as they stopped infront of us. Gaara didn’t move.

“Nami. We’re leaving.” My father told me.

“Yes, Father.” I nodded. I turned my head to Gaara and he looked at me.

“Need to go now Gaara. I'll see you again, okay?” I tiptoed and kissed his cheek. He tensed and I heard my father say something to the Kazekage, “Excuse my daughter, Kazekage-sama. She’s just like that when it comes to her friends.”

____________________________________

After days of traveling from the Sand Village, we arrived at Konoha.

My father glanced at me. “Go home and rest Nami. We’ll have your training tomorrow. I’ll have to report to the Hokage.”

I nodded at him. I rubbed my eyes as I stifled my yawns. The streets is still busy even if it’s noon. I bumped to someone and he steadied me to my feet. I looked up, ready to say sorry.

“Nami? You finished from your mission?” Itachi-nii asked.

“Oh.. Itachi-nii.. Yes. We just arrived..” I smiled but a yawn escaped again. Itachi smiled at me and gently pushed me towards the direction of my house.

“Go now.  I think you need a good rest.”

I nodded and hurried to my home.

I slept recovering myself from the lack of sleep during our travel from the Sand Village.

As soon as I turned 6 years old, my father started training me with Tai, Nin and some Genjutsu (ones I can manage to cast and dispel) even though I will learn this in the Academy.

It’s one of the traditions of our Clan. Eventhough Father and I were the only ones left in our Clan, Papa is strict when it comes to traditions.

When I reach the age of 6, I will start learning self-defense and jutsus.

The only family I have is my father.

My mother died when I was born.

It’s the only information I know about her and a picture hidden in my room. That's the only thing I know  about her. It’s taboo for father to talk about her.

My dad is a protective man when it comes to me. He always takes care of me like all the others, he became both my mom and dad. He is even like that with my friends. He is the very man I admire and want to be with when I grow old. He acted as a father towards Naruto too when I bring him with me on our house.

The members of our clan was killed when the Kyuubi attacked the village. They saved lives of the major population of the village and supported the Fourth Hokage with all their might.

A unique trait of our clan is that we have a large reserve of Chakra like that of a Tailed Beast so we can do some ninjutsus and won't run out of chakra soon.

I stepped sidewards, avoiding a slash from my father’s kunai. I spun around as he continued attacking. I pulled out another kunai. As soon as I stopped, my kunai and my father’s met. Clanging of the metals resounded from the training ground.

"That's enough for today." My father told me and put his kunai back on his pouch “You can have the rest of the day for yourself.”

"Really?! Thanks Papa!" I bowed and ran upstairs at my room and made for a quick bath.

I wore normal clothes. A white konoha shirt and black shorts and jumped to my bed. Lazing off for a while won’t hurt.

I went to the Uchiha compound after. Saying Hi to those who were playing around outside and those who just got home from missions inside the compound. I was a normal sight there even though I don’t carry the name of the Uchiha. It’s because I often go there playing with Sasuke.

"Hey there Nami, will go and play with Sasuke?" The old lady greeted, I smiled at her and nodded.

I broke to a jog when I spotted their house and smiled to myself. The usual excitement spreading to my body.

"Aunt Mikoto!" I waved my hand for her to see me. ”Good Afternoon!”

Aunt Mikoto saw me and smiled at me warmly, like she does everyday whenever I go to their house.  

"Hello Nami-chan. How was your trip to the sand?" She asked me after I kissed her cheek.

"It was good and I met a new friend. But..” I looked up at Aunt Mikoto expectantly ” Aunt Mikoto, Is Sasuke home?"

"Sasuke is still sleeping, Could you wake him up for me? He's been sleeping for hours." Aunt Mikoto winked at me.

"Okay. Thank you Aunt Mikoto." I bowed and ran to Sasuke's room but stopped midway and went back to Aunt Mikoto. “By the way, can I borrow a pen, Auntie?”

She giggled and pointed to where I can get the pen “Thanks Auntie”

I opened his door slowly and I poked out my head inside as it creaked.

And there he was, sleeping. 

I sat beside his bed and poked his cheeks. 

"Sasuke-chan. Wake up. Wake up" His brows furrowed and he continued sleeping. I grinned and opened the marker pen and started doodling on his face.

"Sasuke! Wake up, you sleepy head!" I shouted at his ear which made him sit up.

"Who? What? Where?!" He exclaimed sleepily.

"I'm home Sasuke-kun. Pff." I tried to stop my laugh and turn it to giggles as I saw his expression and that doodles on his face.

"Oh. Hi Nami-chan." He stated and fell back to bed. He suddenly sat up after a minute. "Nami-chan! You're home!" I grinned and kissed his cheek.

"What's the commotion about?" I looked at the door and saw Itachi leaning at the wall. He was looking at Sasuke’s face, right to my artwork.

"Itachi nii-chaaaan!" I shouted and jumped at him, which caught his attention.  I felt his hand caught me to prevent me from falling to my back. I kissed his cheek and reached for his ear. “Don’t tell Sasuke about my latest artwork! Let him discover it! ”

He nodded and had set me down. 

"Welcome home." He told me. 

"Thank you nii-chan" I smiled at him. “I’m back.”

-end