"Mum, calm down."

"Nope. Let me speak to that girlfriend of yours. As a matter of fact, I don't like any of the answers you've given me. They sound too unsure. Put her on the phone for me, please. Women are way better communicators anyway."

He was too busy beginning to panic that he didn't realize what she said was actually a tiny insult to him. "No mum. I can't... do that."

"And why not? Does she not want to talk to me? I've made her angry?"

"No. How'd you even come up with that? I never said that. She's just..." He spoke lower. "She's busy right now."

"Busy on Christmas night?"

"Yeah."

"Well, tell her to sit down and relax. She deserves it and you two deserve each others company. Right now."

"Okay." Then he frowned, knowing how true that was but also how it didn't seem as if that would likely happen. "Maybe I'll wait a minute before I do that."

"Did you ever listen to all those lessons I ever taught you about women when you were younger?"

"Mum." Gemma said at the same time Robin said "Anne."

"What?" She asked.

"I don't think this is the time, sweetheart."

"I was going to be quick though."

"I know but he's on vacation and you know if you and I were on vacation..."

Harry was distracted from the rest of Robin's words when he heard his name being called softly and tenderly.

"Harry."

He looked in the direction of the sound to see a sight he hadn't really seen all day. It was Zayn standing in the living room entrance.

"Z..." He whispered. Because dammit, she was crying again. How were there still tears behind those pretty little eyes of hers?

"Mum."

"...that I was ruining your Christmas, you should have said so. You know I don't like to do things like that."

"Mum. I have to go. I love all of you."

"Wait. What?"

"I have to go. I'll see you guys when I'm back."

"You have to go?"

"Yes, Bye."

"Wait. Don't hang up--" was all he heard before he took the phone from his ear and hung up. He turned to his girlfriend and stared at her confused and skeptically.

"You called me right?"

She nodded slightly. "I need to talk you."

"Yeah. Anything, Z. Anything. Come on and sit down... If you want to, I mean... Only if you want to sit."

She unhurriedly began walking over to him and Harry felt an unsettling feeling in his stomach. I'm the reason she can't stop crying. He thought. I caused this.

She came around the couch and sat down on the middle cushion and she was sitting on her knees, facing him with her shoulders hunched. He was on the end cushion and he couldn't believe she even chose to sit this close.

"I really can't... I can't believe it."

He hesitated. "Can't believe what?"

She looked down in her lap. "You... Me... I wondered about it that night at the restaurant but... I really didn't want to believe it. I wanted to ignore it."