Chapter 1: Brightkits Beginning

Brightkit opened her eyes only to greeted by the bright sunshine the shone through the entrance of the nursery. She squinted and rubbed her eyes with her forepaw. She looked around at the two other queens; Honeywish, and Misttree. They each had kits of their own, Misttree's were the same age as Brightkit and Honeywish's were younger. Birchkit, and Gingerkit were Misttree's and Adderkit, Quailkit, and Emberkit were Honeywish's kits.

Brightkit yawned and sat up, she looked over at her mother and looked back at the other kits. She decided to wait for the others to wake up so she pawed at the ground trying to find something to do other from sleep.
After a few minutes Gingerkit woke up and padded over to sit beside Brightkit. He sat down and flicked his tail

"how long have you been awake?" He mewed quietly.
Brightkit yawned "for a few minutes" she meowed

A twig snapped near the entrance of the camp and Brightkit bounded forward to the edge of the entrance. Four cats entered the camp with prey in their mouths.

"Must been the dawn patrol" Gingerkit mewed padding over.
"They go hunting really early" Brightkit commented sticking her dappled head out of the nursery.

Brightkit had a great memory and named the Warriors in her head as her eyes swept over each one of the muscular cats. The first cat set a rabbit in the fresh kill pile. Starlingstripe,Fernshine, Adderleap, Ashpaw. She smiled slightly to herself.
Ashpaw looked over obviously sensing the fact someone was looking at him, his wide dark blue eyes stared over at the two kits, after a while he looked away and padded to the apprentice den.
Brightkit tilted her head at him as he disappeared. Gingerkit shook himself. Brightkit looked over at Gingerkit when he shook himself, she looked at his ruffled fur.

"Hey!" He squeaked looking over at Brightkit shaking his fur and looking over with a smile.
"Our apprentice ceremony is at sunhigh today!" Gingerkit jumped around excitedly.
A tiny smile crept across her face as she realized how excited she was.
I'm going to be an apprentice! She thought, her ears twitching with joy.
Her joy faded as birchkit padded over waving his tail in the air. Her eyes darkened as he approached, Birchkit wasn't the kindest.

"What is She doing?" He spat bitterly
Gingerkit frowned at Birchkit
"She's talking to me.." Gingerkit said wondering frowning at his brother.
"A rogue shouldn't be talking with clan cats!" He hissed unsheathing his tiny thorn like claws.
Brightkits fur fluffed up with anger. He always found a way to annoy Brightkit and to convince the other kits not to play with her.
"I'm not a rogue" she growled flattening her ears.
Birchkit laughed
"Don't pretend like you don't know, rogue," he said before padding away
"C'mon Gingerkit" he mewed
Gingerkit stalled giving her a face that said 'sorry' and followed him.
Brightkit watched with fury and anger as they walked away.

She clawed the nursery ground and curled up into a ball staring at the corner. Why do they treat me this way? Is there something wrong with me?