31. London; Day 2

Start from the beginning

"You're always beautiful Pie." Kim said. "No drop that." The tom shook her head. "You're heavenly gorgeous." Her eyes sparkled so bright when she uttered the compliment to me and I, involuntarily blushed for it. Why Pie? Why? Oh I know. Kim never really praised me for my beauty previously. She always said that I was such a nerd, short and helplessly sexy ugly duckling.

"Ugh stop that Kim." I managed a deadpan expression. "Shall we go now?" I cocked my head to the right, waiting for a further instruction from her. I thought we were about to head somewhere today.

"We'll have our breakfast first. I don't want you to get sick." Kim told me. She grabbed a few of her stuffs from the bed and kept them in her mini backpack. I did the same too but I have my purse. You know how a girl could possibly be; always take anything she thought 'necessary'.

"Where are we going Kim?" I queried to her as we walked side by side along the path. Kim glanced at me and smiled. Instead of answering me, she took my hand in hers. She made us walked arm in arm by now. I wanted to protest but she kept me firm.

"You'll know it later." Kim told me. The elevator ding opened and we entered it. Soon enough, we arrived at the ground floor. Kim led me to the left and just in the nick of time, we reached a small restaurant. The seats were almost occupied but I spotted some were not. This could be the hotel's brasserie I presumed, since everybody was here for their morning meal.

"I'm planning to take you somewhere for breakfast but since you woke up pretty late, we shall get something here instead." Kim said as we paced to an empty table. I shot her a look but she wasn't really looking at me. Kim tried to be a gentlewoman as she could always possibly be when she dragged the chair for me. Perhaps she should really stop doing that for me. I can do it myself.

"You know, you can always wake me up a bit earlier." I pouted once we were seated.

This time, Kim quickly gazed at me. "I thought someone is annoyed when I tried to wake her up just now?" Her eyebrows furrowed in tease.

"If that was what you call waking up someone..." I began. Kim looked at me intently. "Day 2 as my spouse. YOU FAILED." I clicked my tongue loudly on the failed. Kim stared at me - dumbfounded. She blinked her eyes in disbelief. The tom didn't manage to utter anything when the waiter came to approach us. It's time to make an order. When I took a look at Kim again, she was still gazing at me with her mouth slightly opened. I smirked mischievously. If Kim wanted to play the game, I don't wish to be defeated either.

*******

I don't feel that I need much for my breakfast. I took a cup of freshly brewed coffee and also some English muffins. My head was a bit dizzy up until now. Because of that, I lost my appetite. Kim said it might be the effect of the jet lag. It happened when we crossed different time zones and regions of the world. The tom however seemed not too affected with it. Perhaps she used to travel a lot but me; this kind of thing was entirely new unpleasant experience.

Talking about Kim, let's look what she had for her breakfast today. Kim took this full English breakfast set. She had scrambled eggs, back bacon, Cumberland sausage, black pudding, sautéed mushrooms, herbed grilled tomatoes, sautéed potatoes, hash browns and baked beans. Wow! What a big eater. Perhaps if I don't feel this sick, I'm joining her as well but thanks, I couldn't now or I'll puke all over her shirt in no time.

"Want some?" Kim asked, lifting a spoonful of baked bean to me. I shook my head no. "It's delicious." She said again with her full mouth. For some reason, she quickly covered her mouth as she spoke. I knew if she didn't do that, all inside her mouth will spray out to my direction.

"I'm sorry." Kim said when she swallowed them all. I gave her a small nod but then, I spotted some dirt on her chin.

"You eat like a child." I complained and reached for the napkin. "Don't talk when your mouth is full." I wiped off the dirt. I sensed that Kim froze to her seat and when I brought my gaze back to her, she was staring at me with an obvious blush on her cheeks. Did I tell you that we sat side by side? See how close I could see her face. Well, Kim looked cute when she flushed. Adorable! Snap that Pie! Drop it! Drop it! Kim wasn't cute.