Chapter 3: Princess

Princess? Did he actually just call me a princess? Maybe he's getting me and Marissa confused because I am certainly not a princess. "Of course not!" I snapped. "Why are you here?" Okay, I admit that was a pretty stupid question, but I was still gonna ask.
He chuckled at the question. "I go here now. Isn't that obvious?"
"Well, yes, bu-" I started to say before the bell rang. I sighed and rushed to my seat to sit down. Then I remembered that the seat behind me was empty. I silently prayed that he wouldn't be put there. As Mr. Blaine, our Homeroom teacher walked in, he stopped and looked at the boy (who's name I still didn't know!).
"You must be.. Mr. Hood?" Mr. Blaine asked.
The boy nodded. "Yep. Calum Hood." Well, now I knew his name now. Mr. Blaine scanned the room. Sadly, his eyes landed on the seat right behind me.
"Well Calum, you can sit behind Valerie." He said, pointing at the seat. Calum's eyes landed on me and he grinned.
"Alright!" He said a little bit too cheerfully. I avoided eye contact with him as he got closer. "Valerie..." He said as if it was a greeting. After he sat down, the rest of Homeroom was pretty much free time. I felt a tap on my shoulder. As much as I didn't want to turn around, I glanced over my shoulder.
"Can I help you?" I snapped.
He laughed at my sass. "Why don't you like me?"
I straightened up. "Who said I don't like you?"
"Well I mean, it's pretty obvious." He grinned.
"Well... I just..." I mumbled, clearly flustered. "What you said yesterday..."
He laughed again. "I was just giving my honest opinion!"
I was about to say something back, when I heard Lillian's voice. "Val! You didn't tell me you knew the new kid already."
Calum looked at her and gave her a charming smile. "We're actually neighbors. And you are?"
"Her best friend." She giggled. "I'm Lillian." Oh god. She couldn't go boy crazy over this one. Not the boy that I've known for under 24 hours and I already hate.
"Calum." He said. As Lillian looked over her shoulder, I saw him check her out. I shot a glare at him and he smirked. "Problem, Val?"
"Don't call me that." I said, clearly annoyed. "And you know exactly what you were doing."
"Would you prefer it if I called you... Princess?" He said, clearly knowing I wouldn't allow it.
I laughed harshly. "Don't ever call me that."
"Okay, Princess." He said, simply ignoring my request. Lillian gave me a confused look, then shrugged.
"Look, just... Leave me alone!" I snapped, turning around in my seat, my back towards him. He simply chuckled.
"Whatever you say, Princess." I knew I hated his guts. I didn't know I could hate someone this much. Plus, it was over such a small thing. But I knew he was never gonna apologize for it. I just knew that he was the biggest asshole that I had ever met, and that was that.

---
A/N: Hello! Sorry it was posted so late tonight! I had color guard. Hope you liked this chapter.
Vote, comment, follow, do whatever!

Have a great day!