Chapter 1: The New Neighbors

The rain lightly fell against the roof top as I watched Some Kind Of Wonderful for about the 8th time this week. The movie was almost over and the final scene has always been the part I look forward to. It just made me so... Happy! Just as it's about to get to the scene, my door swung open. "Mom wants you to come down and meet the new neighbors." My step sister, Marissa said. Marissa was one year older and I honestly didn't like her at all. Ever since our parents had gotten married, she had been a bitch to me.
I sighed, climbing out of my bed. "Alright, I'll be down in a second." I said.
She scanned me from head to toe. "In that? You might wanna change. We don't want them to think we're all slobs."
I rolled my eyes. I knew I wasn't a slob, so it didn't bother me. "Yeah, okay whatever, Princess of the Snobs." I slammed the door on her face. I opened my closet, pulling out a Green Day shirt and blue jeans.
As I got changed, I heard Marissa yell, "Can you hurry up?"
As annoyed as I was, I quickly put my red hair up into a bun. I went downstairs as slowly as possible, hoping to piss Marissa off. That was a waste of time though considering once I got down there, she was already outside. As much as I didn't want to meet them, I knew I had to. I stepped outside and saw Marissa already flirting with a boy. Usually when she flirted with guys, she had them in the palm of her hand but this one wasn't falling for it. He was tan with dark brown hair, wearing a Nirvana shirt and black jeans. Sure he was attractive and seemed to like bands I like, but definitely wasn't my type. He looked too cocky for my liking. I wanted to avoid talking to them, but the boy saw me a moment later. He looked me from head to toe and laughed lightly. "Can I help you?" I asked, slightly annoyed that he was laughing at me.
He shook his head. "No, I'm fine, thanks." He smirked. "You just don't look like the type to like Green Day."
"Excuse me?" I raised an eyebrow.
"You just seem like the kind of girl that would rather lay around and eat chips than listen to Green Day."
I was furious! How could someone be so rude? As much as I wanted to say something back, I just stormed back inside. I could already tell that I wasn't going to like this boy, and I didn't even know his name!

----

AN: Hello! Hope you like the first chapter. Sorry it's so short, I'll aim for the next ones to be longer.

vote•like•comment

Or not that's cool too